How do I change the soundfont?

Clone5184

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a midi that I want to use in my game, but if it uses the default soundfont, the song sound horrible.  Now, if I use a custom soundfont, it sounds just fine. 

Would there be any way to make the game I'm working on use the custom one instead of the default?

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Have you considered rendering the midi file to  an MP3 file and using it from there?

The only other way I can think of changing how the audio plays back in XP is by writing a RGSS script that reimplements a software based MIDI synthesizer using your desired soundfont. AFAIK, RM is passing those MIDI files upwards to Windows, which is likely sending the data right to your hardware, rather than synthesizing it using a software solution  before sending it upstream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frive1000