how do i convert mv assets to 2003 format?

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I bought a legal copy of MV I love the art style of MV and I love the OST and the facegen but heres the thing 2003 offers the ability yo create an installer and that would make distributing  my game so much safer and easier so I would love to be able to put all my MV assets into 2003 (if impossible I will go with 2nd best VXACE assets in 2003)

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't own 2003, but isn't it just picture files (.png, .jpeg, etc.)? If so, you need to use a photo editing software to cut/move/edit/?shrink? them into the same size frames as the 2003 pictures. For tiles, you'll need to edit them piece by piece and place them into the "grid" that the tile sets follow. 

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't own 2003, but isn't it just picture files (.png, .jpeg, etc.)? If so, you need to use a photo editing software to cut/move/edit/?shrink? them into the same size frames as the 2003 pictures. For tiles, you'll need to edit them piece by piece and place them into the "grid" that the tile sets follow. 
unfortunately no its only accepts RTP format 

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's what Cjdgame is saying. You have to take the resources from MV's and reformat them to fit 2k3's restrictions. Which will involve shrinking the graphics and matching them to 2k3's grid. You'll also not be able to use semi-transparent colours and have to save the PNGs with indexed colours. It's something that's going to take a long time, so I'd make sure that you're POSITIVE 2k3 is the better program for your game before you begin undertaking this task.  Especially since you are going to lose a lot of the quality for how small you'll need to make them and probably a lot of colour when you convert to indexed colour png, and I'd really worry about the MV sprites being able to fit in 2k3's tall and skinny sprite box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ft371pta