How do I create a looping Animated Title Screen that changes based on game progress?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Context:

I want to have some custom title screens (sets of 3 screens that loop on the main title screen of the game).

Thing is, I also want to make it to where, depending on a variable decided in gameplay, it switches to a different set of looping title screens. (Still 3 images looping together, just a different set of them).

How do I go about making both an animated title screen, AND the whole gameplay-changing thing?
I am totally open for plugins.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The post right before you today is also asking about reflecting game progress on the title screen:

And the same plugin author as the solution in there also has a map/event-based title screen plugin:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The post right before you today is also asking about reflecting game progress on the title screen:

And the same plugin author as the solution in there also has a map/event-based title screen plugin:

Ahh alright, I have the Sync Save Data plugin from Himeworks installed, and I happened to already have the pre-title events plugin as well.

By any chance could you provide me some guide on how to create a looping title screen?
I'm not really sure how I'd event such a thing.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't know what you mean by "looping title screen."

If you just mean it's moving or animated in some way and that movement repeats, then your map event that the plugin directs you to would be a parallel process, those repeat until they're stopped by being switched off/erased/left the map.

If you mean something else, please clearly describe it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't know what you mean by "looping title screen."

If you just mean it's moving or animated in some way and that movement repeats, then your map event that the plugin directs you to would be a parallel process, those repeat until they're stopped by being switched off/erased/left the map.

If you mean something else, please clearly describe it.

Ahh yeah, sure thing dude. I'll clarify:

Title.gif

So I want this to be the "background" of my title screen. It's just 3 images. (loop)

I'm also using SRD's title choices, so I have custom buttons as well:
1660830834893.png

As you can see, this is what I want.

Thing is though, I have no idea how I'd get that background to be animated. This is just a stale image as of now, but I don't really know how to "event" this sort of thing if that makes sense.

I know you said you recommended Pre-title Events, and I'm pretty familiar with that actually. But I just don't know how to code such a thing as vital as the main menu cause I don't know how to access things like the menu options or navigation
Would I need to do some map transition, or show picture manipulation if I can't use SRD's title choices? I'm just not sure how to start eventing this if that makes sense

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!
Well, with one problem (the hurricane) over with, we now have another problem. My dad and stepmom both tested positive for COVID-19 and I'm unable to visit them anytime soon. Meanwhile, I've just posted a new video on my YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrDisgrace