HOW DO I CREATE THIS BATTLE SYSTEM

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by iyonmitch94, Jun 12, 2019.

1. iyonmitch94

iyonmitch94 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi I want to do a battle system kind of like pokemon where you have a player avatar but when you enter battle the player will have set characters to go into battle instead of him himself.

I would greatly appreciate any help. This is a head scratcher. Btw I'm using MV

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes that affect the making of games. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using - general or plugin, depending on the query. This cannot be done by default and will require a plugin, so...

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You will nee plugins to aid you on that. It would be VERY impractical to create such battle scenes with Eventing. You can, by Show Picture and stuff but it would be SO complex that you would suffer a lot in making even the basics to SHOW things. That would fail the purpose of MV. On the other hand a plugin can create a custom battle scene for pokemon-like battle systems and alter the whole engine to fit those needs. Sometimes more than one plugins must get involved when we are talking about whole systems.
    Thus I find this transfer VERY relevant. What you are looking for are plugins here.

4. Trace

Trace A Rieri Fan :3 Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I have some free time, maybe this will help you...

This small plugin will exclude the party leader (the first actor from party) to join the battle...

Attached Files:

Dreadshadow likes this.