HOW DO I CREATE THIS BATTLE SYSTEM

iyonmitch94

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi I want to do a battle system kind of like pokemon where you have a player avatar but when you enter battle the player will have set characters to go into battle instead of him himself.

I would greatly appreciate any help. This is a head scratcher. Btw I'm using MV

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes that affect the making of games. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using - general or plugin, depending on the query. This cannot be done by default and will require a plugin, so...

[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You will nee plugins to aid you on that. It would be VERY impractical to create such battle scenes with Eventing. You can, by Show Picture and stuff but it would be SO complex that you would suffer a lot in making even the basics to SHOW things. That would fail the purpose of MV. On the other hand a plugin can create a custom battle scene for pokemon-like battle systems and alter the whole engine to fit those needs. Sometimes more than one plugins must get involved when we are talking about whole systems.
Thus I find this transfer VERY relevant. What you are looking for are plugins here.

Trace

A Rieri Fan :3
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I have some free time, maybe this will help you...

This small plugin will exclude the party leader (the first actor from party) to join the battle...

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson