How do I display a character's stats during a cutscene?

SuspensionXD

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to RPG making and I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. Basically, I have a scene in which the main character is going to be introduced and is going to be asked several questions by an NPC that will ultimately determine what kind of fighter the MC will become. For instance, the MC will be asked questions such as: "Which of the following describes you best?", "What do you enjoy doing the most?", etc. which based on the player's choices, will increase and/or decrease the base stats of the MC based on their responses. After the series of questions have been answered, I want to display the MC's starting stats similar to this after the NPC says: "Tell me, does this look like the type of person you are?" (view attached)

I can't seem to find any command or plugin that allows me to do this and I'm not sure how I can do the aforementioned function. Can someone help me?

Attachments

Yeseylon

Regional Manager of OH LOOK A BUTTERFLY
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Am dumb and cannot read today, ignore me.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use control variable - game data section to load actor vlaues into a variable, and then show text with text code \v to display the number in it.

any other form of display would either require you to construct a screen with show pictures from events or the use of javascript commands in a custom plugin.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this script call
Code:
$gameParty._menuActorId = 1;
SceneManager.push(Scene_Status);
They need to be in party to do it and you can still use q and w to view others if in party so remove anyone extra. Change $gameParty._menuActorId = 1; to actor Id.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use pictures of the various stats player can have based on answers and just have it displayed based on results using variables. That's the only thing I can think of

ImaginaryVillain

Vile YouTube Sellout! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD's HUD Maker will let you do this, http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/ Simply place text elements set to the player's stats (or variables) in the locations you want. The actor face object will also easily let you put the character's face in there. Arrange whatever else, then set it all to a switch and turn that switch on when you want to ask the character if it's okay. You can then just run a "Show Choices" event that turns the switch on and if they say it's okay turns it off.

Technically using the SRD method you can also just show the results in real time as they player picks stuff if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanHerman