KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

So I am beginning to build a website, and I have planned embedding an RPGMV game in it, like some sort of interactive demo. Something like the RPG Maker MV Pre-order page. How can I achieve this without risking breaking the game itself from running?

Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to copy the entire project into a subfolder of your website. Since the project already has an index.html, it will automatically start the game when someone enters that subfolder as an adress

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want to actually embed the game and not have it running fullscreen, without risking side effects from the game's JavaScript on the rest of the page, consider using an iframe.

Titanor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you want to actually embed the game and not have it running fullscreen, without risking side effects from the game's JavaScript on the rest of the page, consider using an iframe.

this idea worked like a charm here is the code i used

Code:
<body>
    <table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0"
        bgcolor="black" id="shell" width=100% height=100%>
        <tr height=10%>
            <td colspan="2" bgcolor="white">
                <table title="Banner" id="banner" border="0">
                    <tr><td><h1>Telnian Legends of the Univers</h1></td></tr>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr height=80%>
            <td bgcolor="white" width=20%>
                <table id="navigation" title="Navigation" border="0">
                    <tr><td>Links!</td></tr>
                    <tr><td>Links!</td></tr>
                    <tr><td>Links!</td></tr>
                </table>
            </td><td bgcolor="black">
                <table title="Content" id="content" border="0">
                    <tr><td>
                        <iframe height=624 width=816 style="float:middle" src=www/index.html></iframe>
                    </td></tr>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr height=100>
            <td width=320>
                <!--google adsense code gos here-->
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</body>

please note if you want to use my code i am currently working on a new better html code

Last edited:

davidicus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this idea worked like a charm here is the code i used <...>
please note if you want to use my code i am currently working on a new better html code

how did it turn out? very interested in seeing it in action if possible.

Titanor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
how did it turn out? very interested in seeing it in action if possible.

here is the screenshot of my original template
Capture.PNG
as I said I am currently designing a better web page

Darniela

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
I'm making a game as my thesis (on linguistics) and my supervisor has asked me whether I can upload the game online. I can see from this thread that it's possible so I'm about to set up my domain. I don't know much about... webpages really, so I was thinking of using WordPress. The first question that popped right after my registration was to choose a type of webpage. Is there anything I should know? Will my game work on a blog? Or do I choose another format?

Sorry if I'm bothering you with noob questions but I can see you've gone through the process of setting up the page already so you might be able to help me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with this is that any form of CMS cannot include HTML5-games directly.

If you only what the game online and have FTP-access to the website, then it is actually easier to use NOTHING and simply upload the project to the webspace with FTP.
If you don't have FTP-access or need other things on the website in addition to the game itself, then I suggest you ask the admin or webhoster on how to create a frame and/or upload an FTP-package into the website structure.

DavisIT

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Wow, thank you very much! I'm also working on a project right now and I had some questions about it that I couldn't find on youtube. I was asked to implement a game on the website that will be automated and independent. This is quite difficult to do and I could not figure out how to do it. I found the game on https://insider.games/ and I started to transfer the game to the website but nothing worked out for me and I started surfing the Internet, and got to this topic. My problem was solved thanks to you. I still have some problems with the code, but they will need to be solved with my friend, since I am ashamed to ask about the codes here, because I am studying and working in this field, but I can't do it, hahah

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julienrg