Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello;

I have a move skill that is a battle skill and I want to call a common event whenever that skill is used during battle that tells me which actorId is using the skill. I can see the skill getting used but BattleManager.actor() inside the common event seems to be null when the skill is used. And BattleManager.actor() is a battler not an ID anyway. So how do I get the actorId?

I just want a line in my common event to work--console.log( " Move Skill actorId:"+your answer here) to print out the actor Id of the skill user.

thanks for your time
yours
winkr7

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BattleManager.actor().actorId() returns the id.

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks Alistair. When I try this in the Attack skill I get a null. This is probably because it is targeting an enemy and so there is no actor. I appreciate your help.

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

you could alternatively use "$gameVariables.setValue(x, a.actorId());0" in your skill's damage formula and use console.log($gameVariables.value(x) + "text") in your common event. Replace both x with any variable number.

If your skill is supposed to deal damage, then just replace the 0 after the semicolon with your usual damage formula.

Coelocanth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're trying to do this from a common event run by the skill:
Use "control variables" / "game data" / "last" - it can assign skill id, actor id / target id etc to variables.
(New feature of MZ so you don't need to script call as you did in MV)

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Many thanks Coelocanth--that is just the thing I needed. I had not seen this new feature.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
BattleManager.actor() is actually the "inputting actor", which doesn't exist when your skill is performed. That's why you're getting null.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also have this need. Can anyone tell me how the MV can get the actorId of the current action in battle?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soounreal