Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey all hope i have the right forum here ~,~ find it rather confusing,

so i have in the story line for the game im designing, several world trees, and big enough to fit a small city and elves castle into,

martoff__and_the_city_of_nilfania_by_t3_mith_ddkscfx-fullview.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-12 023708.png
i drew this a while ago so its not that great, but that is the city, i know that i wont be able to put it in looking like this, though i would like to get the size about right,

right now im trying to put a tree in that i have made bigger, though im trying not to use parallax maps,
issue is currently that the tile is so big that its just being cropped, to fit,
currently thinking that making a parallax map is the only way i can make it,

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't

the tilesheets are of a fixed size, and that size cannot be changed in the editor.
There is one plugin from shaz that changes the gird-size, allowing you to use different-sized tilesheets in the game while still using the regular-sized in the editor. You could then use the editor with an 48-pixel-based tilesheet and replace these tilesheets with (for example) 64-pixel-based tilesheets.
But that is a lot of work and still has size limitations.

for using pictures like yours, parallax mapping is the perfect and only real answer.

HotAndColdAF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could split it up across several tiles? The default tilesets do that a lot for larger items like trees.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well now that the simple solutions have been suggested, allow me to suggest fun complicated ones. :LZSexcite:

There are a couple external editors that will allow it (TileD, QMap), you're going to need a plugin to use either though...

My solution for using objects that are too large is to use QMovement https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMovement This will allow you to simply setup collision of any size you want, and as a bonus you can even change the overall tile size to whatever you want. Of course this won't reflect in the inbuilt editor.

Then to cover the graphic I create a character sheet with a !$name.png where name is whatever you want it called. The character sheet will need to be 3 times wider than your image, and 4 times higher. Thankfully you can put more than one image on the shame sheet.

After that simply make an event where you want the base of your graphic to be, select the graphic you want, set a comment for the collider and just set it to action button as the collider doesn't need the event to be running. Boom, done!

I admit though, if you did a parallax and used QMovement plus it's collision map add-on https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QM+CollisionMap you'd get the cleanest most pixel perfect result. I only use the other due to procedurally generating my maps. This is the combination I plan to use for any project where I build my maps in advance.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgeal365