Robot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I try to use a script that requires the plugin, it just displays this:

1639956625122.png

I made sure I had the plugin enabled, and I even tried to use scripts from the demo project, but it still didn't work. At first, I thought that perhaps I had just forgotten the bullet image or something similar, but every needed file is included. I'm very new to using plugins, so help would be much appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean "whenever I try to use a script"? Do you mean a script call? If so, please show a screenshot of your event so we can see the script call.

Please also show a screenshot of the console tab so we can see the full error trace. To get this, trigger the error, hit F8 and find the Console tab.

Overkill_

Robot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When it comes to the event, I copy and pasted the bullet pattern event from the demo project of the plugin so I could test it. In the demo project, the script calls are located in an events movement route, so I also put them in an events movement route. Here's the screenshot:

1639972456092.png

Sadly, It doesn't show the entirety of the scripts being called, but I hope this is enough.

Also, here's a screenshot of the full error trace from the console:

1639972616506.png

It looks like a lot of JavaScript files are missing, but I made sure to copy and paste the files for the plugin into their respective places.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use spacebar to open the part of the scriptcall or the one
you used for it.

I also know, the galv projectile doesn't fully work with altimit pixel movement
where it colide alot, unless you have modified the plugin in able to make it
full work the way you want it to be.

but you either miss something in the scriptcall or forgot to "destroy" the
projectile which is unknow how your event is setted up (not the moveroute).

another possibility is the length of the bullet or prefix is used, so there are
things stull unknown.

plugin order can also be a cause to it if they arent in the correct order,
it can also throw errors.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"of undefined" always means that the engine tried to access a data object that does not exist.

that means in 99% of all cases this error is caused by a missing configuration of the plugin, or by using wrong commands for the plugin.
I copy and pasted
and that is probably the reason - you copy and pasted the commands but did not have the same configuration in your own project.

so I suggest reading through the help of the plugin to find out which configuration you missed and how you have to change the copypaste.

Overkill_

Robot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"of undefined" always means that the engine tried to access a data object that does not exist.

that means in 99% of all cases this error is caused by a missing configuration of the plugin, or by using wrong commands for the plugin.

and that is probably the reason - you copy and pasted the commands but did not have the same configuration in your own project.

so I suggest reading through the help of the plugin to find out which configuration you missed and how you have to change the copypaste.

Sorry for the late reply. I looked through every tab and folder relating to the demo project and compared it to my own project multiple times, and it looks like everything is there and it should be functioning properly. I also read through the plugin help, but I couldn't find anything that I had done wrong. I'm still not sure about how I can fix this error.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then show us what you did - the wrong script command is not completely visible in your screenshot.
so copy it here AND - and this is important - describe what that command is supposed to do in your own words.

that last part is important for us to learn where you might have misunderstood the help text.

Overkill_

Robot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually have multiple scripts, but they are all essentially the same just with the direction variable changed. Since they are basically identical, I'll only send one.

"Galv.PROJ.dir(5,2,3,6,'bullet0',1,'',[1],[],3.5);"

This script is meant to create a projectile that starts at the event with the event ID "5" and is moving downwards vertically (but each of the script calls in this event have a different direction.) It also has a speed of 3 and will disappear after traveling 6 tiles. The image used for the bullet is "bullet0" and it only uses 1 frame, and is therefore not animated. When hitting a player or event, no action (common event or switch change) is meant to occur. The projectile can only stop when it collides with 1 player or event, and when it does, it's meant to disappear. It can't disappear if it's only on terrain tiles. It also has a "same as character" priority.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) your script command is incomplete, it is missing several values as defined in the plugin description.
That can easily cause the "of undefined" - it is undefined because you never entered it in the script command.

2) you have not specified any action on hit, and from what I read you are required to do so.
For example you never told it that it is to disappear on hitting the player.

and a few other problems, also these might be caused by Galv as he for example didn't describe what anim is in his plugin file.

I suggest rereading that help file and checking every option given to set it to what you need it to be instead of just copying data.

Overkill_

Robot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your help! Luckily, I recently found out what was wrong. I had entered the starting event of the bullets as an invalid number accidently, I had tried to fix it before, but that didn't work so I thought that wasn't the problem. Luckily, I tried again and it worked.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I have a problem with Galv's map projectiles plugin, where I can't move after activating the plugin script, can anyone help me? (Sorry about the terrible english, isn't my first language)

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Laaronthegreat010, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

:kaohi: Also, please don't hijack other people's threads: this thread was about a different problem when using the plugin. If you want help with a plugin, you can start a new support thread:
Just click the Post Thread button on the right:
post-thread.jpg

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm looking at the instructions for notarizing an app for Mac. I think somebody at Apple went out of their way to seek a method to make notarization as annoying as humanly possible.
JjhoCix.gif

On one hand, game jams are fun. On the other hand, (incoherent screeching).
Here's my 3rd attempt at making my menu scene... Now the title looks cool enough to catch your attention I guess. =_=¡

kyoalertmenuxp09.jpg
My 2nd attempt at modifying my Achievements Menu...

kyoalertmenuxp07.jpg
I've been trying to improve this achievements menu...

kyoalertmenuxp05.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clemdag