Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My PC is acting up and I got told today I have to reset it to its normal factory conditions. I was wondering how to get back MV after the reset without having to pay for it again. Or is there a support number I call for that?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You input the code from the email you were told to retain... Or you put in a support ticket for help if you don't have it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you purchased MV here in the store the SN should also still be visible in your store account even if you made the mistake of deleting the email.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or if you bought it through Steam, just install Steam and it will be there.

lunarrosecrow

Era of the Crow is now
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you bought it here you just need to redownload and re-enter the code given to you when you first bought RPG Maker MV that should be the code you either wrote down or you have in your email address if you no longer have it I recommend talking to one of the moderators or the big boss man himself cause they can help you.

If you have it on steam it does it for you just redownload and go back in but you will need to redownload all of your resources so if you can I recommend that you back up your stuff on a USB, G.Drive, in Email, or on a separate computer just to save yourself the time and trouble.

Once you've bought RPG Maker you bought RPG Maker you own it forever until you either get rid of it or somehow get banned I've never heard or seen someone get banned but yeah unless you are banned than you are fine dude

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
until you either get rid of it or somehow get banned
even if someone gets banned he or she doesn't lose the program, just the ability to ask questions in the forum. The official support doesn't use the forum but tickets - you can get technical support but not questions about game development answered there.

lunarrosecrow

Era of the Crow is now
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
even if someone gets banned he or she doesn't lose the program, just the ability to ask questions in the forum. The official support doesn't use the forum but tickets - you can get technical support but not questions about game development answered there.
Wow that's crazy never knew that but there has to be rules right so if you get banned right you can still produce games with the program and make commercial games right cause isn't RPG Maker copyrighted so it should lock you out of things like that right.

lunarrosecrow

Era of the Crow is now
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lets ask a moderator actually hmm hey @hiddenone @Shaz @mlogan whichever one of you care to tackle this and explain it for us

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just fyi, Andar was a moderator here for many years, so knows what he’s talking about.

But yes, he is correct. Being banned on the forums does not have anything to do with actually using the software, unless you are banned for piracy. And even then, aside from legal action, there’s not a lot that can be done.

lunarrosecrow

Era of the Crow is now
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just fyi, Andar was a moderator here for many years, so knows what he’s talking about.

But yes, he is correct. Being banned on the forums does not have anything to do with actually using the software, unless you are banned for piracy. And even then, aside from legal action, there’s not a lot that can be done.
Really? Not to be a pest but someone who is banned (keep in mind the only way I thought someone could get banned is for them to pirate or to break commercial rules) decides to make a game isn't RPG Maker the brand and program copyrighted under the CEO of Kadokawa and so if they forbid you from using the branded product they have the right to take away earnings and anything else you do because of prior actions they took on you like say someone steals DLC if that is even possible (Which I'm pretty sure is impossible)and they get banned but they release a game doesn't Kado have the rights to RPG and so forth have the absolute right to say "we are taking this game and any earnings from it because of such and such" breaking of rights or something like that terms of service or whatever or is that not how it works?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
keep in mind the only way I thought someone could get banned is for them to pirate or to break commercial rules
that is where you went wrong.
The legal consequences of breaking the law have nothing to do with the consequences of being banned here, exactly because there are other ways to get banned. If you break the laws then the legal action will follow independently of what happens here on the forum.

For example this is a PG-13 forum and one user was banned for constantly pushing adult concepts on minors, and more than one user was banned for being extra-rude to others. And that doesn't include the real nutcases - i heard there was one user who called Degica USA support several times a day for weeks demanding to be connected with the main programmer in japan.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lunarrosecrow Do you mean banned from this website or are you meaning Kadokawa (or whatever name it is now) banning someone from using the software?

I don’t think the second one really happens like you might be thinking it does. I mean, yes, they could but there is really no way to enforce such a thing except to go after them in court and I doubt that would happen except under extreme circumstances.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't intend to sound mean, but please try to include some basic formatting in your posts like sentences and line breaks. It is super hard to figure out what you're trying to say.
isn't RPG Maker the brand and program copyrighted under the CEO of Kadokawa
No. The CEO of a company that makes a piece of software has no personal ownership of it.
and so if they forbid you from using the branded product they have the right to take away earnings and anything else you do
No. The only thing that's remotely similar to this in life is when you install software and agree to an end-user license agreement (EULA), which are terms you agree to abide by in order to use the software. And still, violating the EULA doesn't "give the right" for the company to do anything, it's merely something they can reference if they choose to try to sue you.
someone steals DLC if that is even possible (Which I'm pretty sure is impossible)
Why on earth would that be impossible? What things exist in life that can't be stolen?
doesn't Kado have the rights to RPG and so forth have the absolute right to say "we are taking this game and any earnings from it because of such and such" breaking of rights or something like that terms of service or whatever or is that not how it works?
Not remotely.

lunarrosecrow

Era of the Crow is now
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lunarrosecrow Do you mean banned from this website or are you meaning Kadokawa (or whatever name it is now) banning someone from using the software?

I don’t think the second one really happens like you might be thinking it does. I mean, yes, they could but there is really no way to enforce such a thing except to go after them in court and I doubt that would happen except under extreme circumstances.
Well in a sense I am referring to both Kado and the RPG Maker Website more so Kado in this situation. So like if you are banned from the website you can't access the website correct meaning you shouldn't be able to make purchases or gain any more status on the forum pages as well as you shouldn't be able to access restaff content or any of the content for that matter without making a new account if you can (I don't know if the big man in charge can hand out IP bans or not so I am not sure on the ban system). However, say after you got banned you did something horrible to get banned from the forums umm racial outburst and targeting right you get banned after you produce an adult game with something that Kado frown append like things pertaining to minors or a racially targeted game is it that the game is still just to be out because Kado has no power over it because of the lack of heavy terms of service or now can it be that they can take the game down and it's earnings (if something like that would even earn anything I hope not)

that is where you went wrong.
The legal consequences of breaking the law have nothing to do with the consequences of being banned here, exactly because there are other ways to get banned. If you break the laws then the legal action will follow independently of what happens here on the forum.

For example this is a PG-13 forum and one user was banned for constantly pushing adult concepts on minors, and more than one user was banned for being extra-rude to others. And that doesn't include the real nutcases - i heard there was one user who called Degica USA support several times a day for weeks demanding to be connected with the main programmer in japan.
So the forums bans have to be heavier than that right like it has to lock you out of more than just talking right? The forum ban is more of a website ban right? Where you shouldn't be able to access the website URL or any of its terminals without a new account unless it really is just a forum ban but, if it isn't wouldn't banning an account lock a person out of having RPG Maker completely because if you have no access and need to redownload RPG Maker you have to go into the DLC page and go to your recent downloads, redownload it but if you got banned per se wouldn't that be locked do to a banned account?

I don't intend to sound mean, but please try to include some basic formatting in your posts like sentences and line breaks. It is super hard to figure out what you're trying to say.

No. The CEO of a company that makes a piece of software has no personal ownership of it.

No. The only thing that's remotely similar to this in life is when you install software and agree to an end-user license agreement (EULA), which are terms you agree to abide by in order to use the software. And still, violating the EULA doesn't "give the right" for the company to do anything, it's merely something they can reference if they choose to try to sue you.

Why on earth would that be impossible? What things exist in life that can't be stolen?

Not remotely.
Pffft oh please what ding nut would steal a DLC when he/she can just buy it with all these sales Kado has who is really silly enough to do that or risk that with the punishments that can come from it, that's just silly plus these DLCs are at highest 20 beans lowest probably a dollar unless we are talking about the Kokoro Reflection resources but, then again those are huge and worth the money how would someone even do that it's impossible you have to buy the resources to access them maybe if someone shared it with them but I don't think that is stealing unless it is against the rules to share DLCs with others...

Is it against the rules to share DLCs with others...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
We don't ban people from the website, only from the forum and that happens for a multitude of reasons: piracy, being younger than 13, harrasment of other users, scamming, mass PMing, etc.
Is it against the rules to share DLCs with others...
Yes, that is against the rules! That is considered piracy (=stealing) and is most definitely something a user will get banned over. Are you telling me you've been sharing DLC?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lasthroth