AdrianaTeaCat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im sorry if this is in the wrong category, Im new to this site as of today.

Anyway, Im designing the inside of a room to a house Im building and have been looking on Google images for ideas.

Most of the houses Ive come across have a thin wooden border around the outside of the house like so:

[IMG]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6749/revampedahouse01.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/Kevin016/RPG%20MAKER%20XP/ScreenShot7.png[/IMG]

I have been looking at tilesets for hours now trying to see if anyone have made a 3x3 tile set so I can have these borders!

Even Mack tilesets dont so the job for me, they turn out like this.. (Attached file)

Anyway, any help at all would be very much appreciated! I am new to RPGMaker and am using RPGMaker vx Ace if that helps. :)

Mack tilesets don't work.jpg

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have put your tile images into the wrong slots. Those tiles are all Autotiles and should go into one or more of the A slots. Most of the time, the tile image will actually have A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 in their name, which signifies which slot you should put them into.

You can't just put any tile image into any slot - they all have their own specific formats and purposes. You can read up on them in the manual (F1 in the editor) under Resource Specifications > Graphic Resources > Tilesets.

Edit: Once you've got the tiles into the correct slot (they will look different on the palette) you just choose the one with the outline you want and use the bucket fill tool to fill your map outside of the floor/wall tiles you've actually drawn. These tiles will auto-format themselves based on what's around them. That's how you get the U-shaped ones as well as many other shapes.

Moving to VX Ace Support

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianaTeaCat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much! I was searching EVERYWHERE for a solution!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vectoria