How do I get the expansions for RPG Maker VX?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I just recently discovered RPG Maker and bought RMVX (not VX Ace). I'm enjoying it so far but recently discovered that the game (or software?) has several expansions and that at least one of them is free. However, I cannot find anywhere to buy or download these expansions. Where or how do I get these expansions? I own my copy of RMVX through Steam.

This is where I discovered that RMVX has expansions.

I get Wikipedia isnt always a reliable source but it was the only one I could find with information on RMVX expansions.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
They are in the store. The only free expansion listed there was the character maker, which doesn't exist anymore, since VXAce came out with a build in one.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
They are in the store. The only free expansion listed there was the character maker, which doesn't exist anymore, since VXAce came out with a build in one.
Okay thanks.

Couple of quick questions if you have the time. In the store that you linked, are DLC compatible with VX Ace also compatible with VX? Also does the store just list DLC from the developers of RPG Maker or does it include community generated content? Where do I find community generated content if it is not located in the store?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Couple of quick questions if you have the time. In the store that you linked, are DLC compatible with VX Ace also compatible with VX?
Yes, VX and VXAce use the same resource format, so if it says compatible with VXAce, it is also compatible with VX.

Also does the store just list DLC from the developers of RPG Maker or does it include community generated content? Where do I find community generated content if it is not located in the store?
The store is a combination of company DLC, mixed in with paid DLC from our artists/musicians in our community here.
Of course, there's also free stuff available thanks to our community, which you can find in the VX(Ace) Resource forum, as well as General Resources. If there's anything in particular you need, feel free to make a thread in Resource Requests.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note that VX Ace can have many tilesets in a game, but VX can only have one - unless you use scripts to change the tileset.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05