How do i hide exp from menu when character is level 99?

PussiCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, I was wondering whether it was possible to remove the EXP bar from the menu when the character reaches level 99, which is the max level for my game.

Currently it keeps showing the amount of experience gained after i hat max level. Please refer to image "Problem".

I would like it that when the character reaches level 99 the exp bar disapears completely. Is this possible to even do?

One other question. is it possible with this menu to make the location box taller by 100% and the location able to word wrap inside that box? Please refer to image "Problem_2".

I'm using - Mr Trivel's   Expanded Actor Menu​ and nerdigaming's Menu Location scripts. I know little about scripting but I have fiddled around a littlee but with these to configure correctly for my menu.

Thankyou for your time.

Problem.png

Problem_2.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add links to the scripts please.

Without knowing whether those scripts alias or overwrite the method, all we can do is give you something that will work with RTP (and if I had to choose what to do with my time, I'd choose something other than searching for a script because a link hasn't been provided).

Try this - untested, and as said, may not work with those scripts - in a new slot below Materials (and below those other scripts):

Code:
class Window_Status < Window_Selectable  alias shaz_draw_exp_info draw_exp_info  def draw_exp_info(x, y)    shaz_draw_exp_info if !@actor.max_level?  endend

PussiCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the reply Shaz. Iv'e decided not to use experience in my game. I did try the code you had sent me but it didn't seem to work.

Thankyou for your time

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You need to link the scripts you use here, else no script writer out there can guess what those custom scripts did to your menu windows.

What Shaz gave you is a way to remove the exp shown for the default script's status window.

It won't work if you are having a script that rewrite how the exp is displayed in the 1st place.

And by default, the exp should read "-------------" when the actor reached max level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, as I said, if that doesn't work, we need links to the scripts you're using.

PussiCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I dont know how to link so ill just post the script here

This is the menu script I am using. I just remembered that I meant to say level 55 as this is my max level. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Code:
# )--------------------------------------------------(# )--     Author:     Mr Trivel                    --(# )--     Name:       Expanded Actor Menu          --(# )--     Created:    2014-06-06                   --(# )--     Version:    1.12a                        --(# )--------------------------------------------------(# )--     Requires:   None                         --(# )--------------------------------------------------(# )--             Description                      --(# )--  Sets up status window so it displays only   --(# )--  a single actor data. Browse through other   --(# )--  actors by using LEFT and RIGHT buttons.     --(# )--------------------------------------------------(# )--             Instructions                     --(# )--             Plug & Play                      --(# )--------------------------------------------------(# )--             LICENSE INFO                     --(# )--[url][URL="http://mrtrivelvx.wordpress.com/terms-of-use/%5B/url%5D"]http://mrtrivelvx.wordpress.com/terms-of-use/[/url][/URL] --(# )--------------------------------------------------(module MrTS  module Vocab        # )--------------------------------------------------(    # )--  Ex-parameter names, feel free to customize  --(    # )--  Ex-params of index 3, 7, 8 & 9 are not drawn--(    # )--------------------------------------------------(    XPARAMS = [ "Hit",                 "Evasion",                 "Critical",                 "CEV", #not drawn by default                "Mag Evasion",                 "Mag Reflect",                 "Counter",                 "HRG", #not drawn by default                "MRG", #not drawn by default                "TRG" ]#not drawn by default  end  module Data    # )---------------------------------------------(    # )--  Ex-parameter indexes that are ignored  --(    # )---------------------------------------------(    # )--  WARNING: If you have less than 4, it   --(    # )--  will draw them over equipment.         --(    # )---------------------------------------------(    IGNORE = [3, 7, 8, 9]  endend$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["MrTS_Expanded_Actor_Menu"] = true#)-------------------------(#)--  Class: Scene_Menu  --(#)-------------------------(class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase    # )--------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: update  --(  # )--------------------------------(  def update    super        if Input.trigger?(:RIGHT)            if !@in_item_menu        next_actor        set_actor_all_a      end          elsif Input.trigger?(:LEFT)             if !@in_item_menu        prev_actor        set_actor_all_a      end          end  end    # )-----------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: set_actor_all_a  --(  # )-----------------------------------(    def set_actor_all_a    @equipment_window.actor = $game_party.menu_actor    @status_window.actor = $game_party.menu_actor    @item_list_window.actor = $game_party.menu_actor  end    # )---------------------------------------(  # )--  Alias To: create_command_window  --(  # )---------------------------------------(  alias mrts_sm_start start  def start    mrts_sm_start    create_equipment_window    create_item_list_window    @in_item_menu = false    set_actor_all_a  end    # )-------------------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: create_item_list_window  --(  # )-------------------------------------------(  def create_item_list_window    @item_list_window = MrTS_Status_Item_List.new(@command_window.width)    @item_list_window.openness = 0    @item_list_window.status_window = @status_window    @item_list_window.set_handler(:ok,       method(:ok_item))    @item_list_window.set_handler(:cancel,   method(:back_item))  end  # )---------------------------(  # )--  New Method: ok_item  --(  # )---------------------------(  def ok_item    Sound.play_equip    @actor.change_equip(@equipment_window.index, @item_list_window.item)    @equipment_window.activate    @equipment_window.refresh    @item_list_window.close    @item_list_window.unselect    @status_window.refresh    @status_window.set_temp_actor(nil)    @in_item_menu = false  end    # )-----------------------------(  # )--  New Method: back_item  --(  # )-----------------------------(  def back_item    @equipment_window.activate    @item_list_window.close    @in_item_menu = false  end    # )-------------------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: create_equipment_window  --(  # )-------------------------------------------(  def create_equipment_window    @equipment_window = MrTS_Equipment_Window.new(@command_window.width)    @equipment_window.status_window = @status_window    @equipment_window.opacity = 0    @equipment_window.set_handler(:ok,        method(:ok_equip))    @equipment_window.set_handler(:cancel,    method(:back_equip))  end    # )----------------------------(  # )--  New Method: ok_equip  --(  # )----------------------------(  def ok_equip    index = @equipment_window.index    if @actor.equip_change_ok?(index)      @item_list_window.slot_id = index      @item_list_window.refresh      @item_list_window.open      @item_list_window.activate      @item_list_window.select(0)      @in_item_menu = true    else      Sound.play_buzzer      @equipment_window.activate    end  end    # )------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: back_equip  --(  # )------------------------------(  def back_equip    @command_window.activate    @equipment_window.unselect  end    # )-----------------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: create_command_window  --(  # )-----------------------------------------------(  def create_command_window    @command_window = Window_MenuCommand.new    @command_window.set_handler(:item,      method(:command_item))    @command_window.set_handler(:equip,     method(:command_equip))    @command_window.set_handler(:skill,     method(:command_skill))    @command_window.set_handler(:save,      method(:command_save))    @command_window.set_handler(:game_end,  method(:command_game_end))    @command_window.set_handler(:cancel,    method(:return_scene))  end    # )---------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: command_skill  --(  # )---------------------------------(  def command_skill    SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill)  end    # )---------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: command_equip  --(  # )---------------------------------(  def command_equip    @equipment_window.activate    @equipment_window.select(0)  end    # )----------------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: create_status_window  --(  # )----------------------------------------------(  def create_status_window    @status_window = MrTS_Window_Solo_Status.new(@command_window.width, 0)  endend#)------------------------------------(#)--  Class: MrTS_Status_Item_List  --(#)------------------------------------(class MrTS_Status_Item_List < Window_EquipItem    attr_reader :status_window    # )--------------------------(  # )--  Method: initialize  --(  # )--------------------------(  def initialize(width)    super(width, 96 + line_height*7, Graphics.width-width, fitting_height(5))    @actor = $game_party.leader    @slot_id = 0    @status_window = status_window    refresh  end    # )------------------------------(  # )--  Method: status_window=  --(  # )------------------------------(  def status_window=(status_window)    @status_window = status_window  end    # )-----------------------(  # )--  Method: col_max  --(  # )-----------------------(  def col_max    return 1  end    # )--------------------------------(  # )--  Method: call_update_help  --(  # )--------------------------------(  def call_update_help    update_help  end    # )---------------------------(  # )--  Method: update_help  --(  # )---------------------------(  def update_help    if @actor && @status_window      temp_actor = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump(@actor))      temp_actor.force_change_equip(@slot_id, item)      status_window.set_temp_actor(temp_actor)    end  end  end#)------------------------------------(#)--  Class: MrTS_Equipment_Window  --(#)------------------------------------(class MrTS_Equipment_Window < Window_EquipSlot    attr_reader :status_window    # )------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: initialize  --(  # )------------------------------------(  def initialize(x)    super(x, 96 + line_height*7, Graphics.width-160)    @actor = $game_party.leader    create_contents    refresh  end    # )------------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: call_update_help  --(  # )------------------------------------------(  def call_update_help    update_help  end    # )-------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: update_help  --(  # )-------------------------------------(  def update_help    status_window.set_temp_actor(nil) if @status_window  endend#)--------------------------------------(#)--  Class: MrTS_Window_Solo_Status  --(#)--------------------------------------(class MrTS_Window_Solo_Status < Window_Base    # )--------------------------(  # )--  Method: initialize  --(  # )--------------------------(  def initialize(x, y)    super(x, y, window_width, window_height)    @pending_index = -1    @temp_actor = nil    @actor = $game_party.leader    refresh  end    # )----------------------------(  # )--  Method: window_width  --(  # )----------------------------(  def window_width    Graphics.width - 160  end    # )-----------------------------(  # )--  Method: window_height  --(  # )-----------------------------(  def window_height    Graphics.height - 152  end    # )--------------------------------(  # )--  Method: draw_actor_param  --(  # )--------------------------------(  def draw_actor_param(actor, x, y, param_id, color = normal_color)    change_color(system_color)    draw_text(x, y, 120, line_height, Vocab::param(param_id))    change_color(color)    draw_text(x + 120, y, 36, line_height, actor.param(param_id), 2)    change_color(normal_color)  end    # )-----------------------------(  # )--  Method: draw_actor_hp  --(  # )-----------------------------(  def draw_actor_hp(actor, x, y, width = 124, color = normal_color)    draw_gauge(x, y, width, actor.hp_rate, hp_gauge_color1, hp_gauge_color2)    change_color(system_color)    draw_text(x, y, 30, line_height, Vocab::hp_a)    draw_current_and_max_values(x, y, width, actor.hp, actor.mhp,      hp_color(actor), color)    end      # )-----------------------------(  # )--  Method: draw_actor_mp  --(  # )-----------------------------(  def draw_actor_mp(actor, x, y, width = 124, color = normal_color)    draw_gauge(x, y, width, actor.mp_rate, mp_gauge_color1, mp_gauge_color2)    change_color(system_color)    draw_text(x, y, 30, line_height, Vocab::mp_a)    draw_current_and_max_values(x, y, width, actor.mp, actor.mmp,      mp_color(actor), color)  end    # )-----------------------(  # )--  Method: refresh  --(  # )-----------------------(  def refresh    contents.clear    create_contents        temp_color = normal_color        draw_actor_face(@actor, 0, 0)    draw_actor_level(@actor, 96, 0)    draw_actor_name(@actor, 96, line_height)    draw_actor_class(@actor, 96, line_height*2)    if !$imported["MrTS_Thirst"]      draw_actor_xp(@actor, contents.width-160, line_height*2, 160)    elsif $imported["MrTS_Thirst"]      draw_thirst_gauge(@actor, contents.width-160, line_height*2, 160)    end            if @temp_actor == nil      draw_actor_hp(@actor, contents.width-160, 0, 160)      draw_actor_mp(@actor, contents.width-160, line_height, 160)    else      temp_color = param_change_color(@temp_actor.param(0)-@actor.param(0))      draw_actor_hp(@temp_actor, contents.width-160, 0, 160, temp_color)            temp_color = param_change_color(@temp_actor.param(1)-@actor.param(1))      draw_actor_mp(@temp_actor, contents.width-160, line_height, 160, temp_color)    end        #params    6.times do |i|      contents.gradient_fill_rect(-3, 96+line_height*i, 159, line_height-50, text_color(15), text_color(19))       dy = 96 + line_height * i            if @temp_actor == nil        draw_actor_param(@actor, 0, dy, i + 2)      else        temp_color = param_change_color(@temp_actor.param(i+2)-@actor.param(i+2))        draw_actor_param(@temp_actor, 0, 96 + line_height * (i), i+2, temp_color)      end    end        #xparams    skipped = 0    ignore = MrTS::Data::IGNORE #ignore these xparams    10.times do |i|      if !ignore.include?(i)        if @temp_actor == nil          draw_actor_xparam(@actor, contents.width-156, 96 + line_height * (i - skipped), i)        else          temp_color = param_change_color(@temp_actor.xparam(i)-@actor.xparam(i))          draw_actor_xparam(@temp_actor, contents.width-156, 96 + line_height * (i - skipped), i, temp_color)        end              else        skipped += 1      end    end  end # of refresh    # )---------------------------------(  # )--  Method: draw_actor_xparam  --(  # )---------------------------------(  def draw_actor_xparam(actor, x, y, param_id, color = normal_color)    #contents.gradient_fill_rect(x-3, y, 159, line_height-10, text_color(15), text_color(19))    change_color(system_color)    draw_text(x, y, 120, line_height, MrTS::Vocab::XPARAMS[param_id])    change_color(color)    draw_text(x + 120 - 36, y, 72, line_height, (actor.xparam(param_id)*100).to_i.to_s + "%", 2)  end    # )-----------------------------(  # )--  Method: draw_actor_xp  --(  # )-----------------------------(  def draw_actor_xp(actor, x, y, width = 124)    float = 1.0 * (actor.exp - actor.current_level_exp) / (actor.next_level_exp - actor.current_level_exp)    draw_gauge(x, y, width, float, text_color(28), text_color(29))    change_color(system_color)    draw_text(x, y, 30, line_height, "EXP")    change_color(normal_color)    draw_text(x + width - 70, y, (140-12)/2, line_height, actor.exp - actor.current_level_exp, 2)#    draw_text(x+ width - 140/2, y, 12, line_height, "/", 2)#    draw_text(x+ width - (140-12)/2, y, (140-12)/2, line_height, actor.next_level_exp - actor.current_level_exp, 2)  end    # )------------------------------(  # )--  Method: set_temp_actor  --(  # )------------------------------(  def set_temp_actor(temp_actor)    return if @temp_actor == temp_actor    @temp_actor = temp_actor    refresh  end    # )----------------------(  # )--  Method: actor=  --(  # )----------------------(  def actor=(actor)    return if @actor == actor    @actor = actor    refresh  end  end  # )---------------------------------(# )--  Class: Window_MenuCommand  --(# )---------------------------------(class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command    # )-------------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: make_command_list  --(  # )-------------------------------------------(  def make_command_list    add_main_commands    add_original_commands#    add_save_command#    add_game_end_command  end    # )-------------------------------------------(  # )--  Overwrite Method: add_main_commands  --(  # )-------------------------------------------(  def add_main_commands    add_command(Vocab::item,   :item,   main_commands_enabled)    add_command(Vocab::skill,  :skill,  main_commands_enabled)    add_command(Vocab::equip,  :equip,  main_commands_enabled)  endend

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
In that script, look for:

class MrTS_Window_Solo_Status < Window_BaseAnd below that, look for:

def refreshThen look for this line:

draw_actor_xp(@actor, contents.width-160, line_height*2, 160)Change it to:

Code:
draw_actor_xp(@actor, contents.width-160, line_height*2, 160) if !@actor.max_level?

Last edited by a moderator:

PussiCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Omg, thanyou very much. You Sir/Madam are amazing. Thankyou so much! :3

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You're welcome! And congratulations on your progress! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs