How do I implement a stealth system like in Divinity:OS2?

OLD_NEET

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im trying to make a stealth system like divinity, in which the more stealth stat you have, the less likely to be caught. Is that possible?

edit:

What I meant in detail is say:

The player enters a "stealth mode"

Due to this mode, red zones around the enemy becomes visible

As the enemy moves, the red zones moves along with him

The more stealth stats the player has, the less red zones that are visible

If the player enters the red zone, the enemy catches him

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anything is possible because the code is completely open.
the only difference is how much work something is to program in, and how much knowledge is needed to use the feature as a developer.

by default there is no stealth at all in the engine, but there are several plugins that add features like that, and you can use eventing for other types of stealth.

unfortunately your description is not enough to even guess what you want.
You should never assume that everyone else has played the same games as you have, so you should describe the game mechanics you want in detail and not simply "like unknown game xy".

OLD_NEET

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anything is possible because the code is completely open.
the only difference is how much work something is to program in, and how much knowledge is needed to use the feature as a developer.

by default there is no stealth at all in the engine, but there are several plugins that add features like that, and you can use eventing for other types of stealth.

unfortunately your description is not enough to even guess what you want.
You should never assume that everyone else has played the same games as you have, so you should describe the game mechanics you want in detail and not simply "like unknown game xy".
Thank you for the response! Sorry if I was a bit vague. What I meant in detail is say:

The player enters a "stealth mode"

Due to this mode, red zones around the enemy becomes visible

As the enemy moves, the red zones moves along with him

The more stealth stats the player has, the less red zones that are visible

If the player enters the red zone, the enemy catches him

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, everything is possible - but the display of the zones will probably require a custom plugin.

that game mechanic is interesting and different enough that you have a good chance of getting it with a free request, so you should post in the plugin request forum with as much details as possible.
including things still missing like how the zones are formed (just circular distance or with field or view or whatever?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noel_Lwin