How Do I Implement JavaScript into MV?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Zireks, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Zireks

Zireks Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I'm new to using RPG Maker and recently got MV on Steam. I know that this version of the software uses the JavaScript coding language to make personal battle scripts so after learning the basics I've started to code the stuff I need. However I've ran into a problem.

Let me start by explaining what it is I am coding. The game is a typical turn based battle system but the catch is that each time a party member attacks, instead of using an accuracy or evasion check to see if the attack hits the battle menu will display a prompt for a Math question and four options for an answer (Surprise Edutainment!). The player will then have to choose the correct answer from the list (Most likely displayed as if they were options for spells). A correct answer means a hit, an incorrect answer means a miss.

So my problem lies in the fact that I don't know HOW to implement code into MV. Is it through a plug-in? If so which one?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial and want to share it with the community can post it.

"How do I...?" questions go into the appropriate Support forum for the engine you are using. This appears to be asking for plugin suggestions so...

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not "through a Plugin", but " as a plugin".

Plugins are textfiles containing JavaScript code, just open them in notepad to see examples of how it is done.