How do I implement my own Ruby code into MV?

Discussion in 'Learning Javascript' started by Zireks, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Zireks

Zireks Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I'm new to using RPG Maker and recently got MV on Steam. I know that this version of the software uses the Ruby coding language to make personal scripts s o after learning the basics I've started to code the stuff I need. However I've ran into a problem.

Let me start by explaining what it is I am coding. The game is a typical turn based battle system but the catch is that each time a party member attacks, instead of using an accuracy or evasion check to see if the attack hits the battle menu will display a prompt for a Math question and four options for an answer (Surprise Edutainment!). The player will then have to choose the correct answer from the list (Most likely displayed as if they were options for spells). A correct answer means a hit, an incorrect answer means a miss.

So my problem lies in the fact that I don't know HOW to implement code into MV. Is it through a plug-in? If so which one?

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to JavaScript Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

For starters, MV uses JavaScript. Ace uses Ruby. So you can't insert Ruby code into MV at least easily. Now did you mean ACE by chance?

3. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can not !
    you can only try transcribe the logic of the code in JavaScript.
    the only universal language allow convers for now in other language, are developed by Microsoft.
    is named typeScript.
    its logic makes it possible to be converted into a different language.
    you can try by searching on the web, but to my knowledge there is no tool or algorithme to transcode the ruby logic in javascript.