How do I import a custom parallex background into MZ (I’m a mega noob)

Min-ae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok so, I bought RPG Maker MZ a couple days ago and I have no idea what I’m doing. I have to make a mini demo-like game for an assignment, and I’ve drawn what I believe to be all of the necessary visuals I need, but I am clueless as how to put them into the game engine. I’ve tried finding tutorials, but all I can seem to find is how to use the default mapping tools in the program. I am a total noob and I don’t 100% understand all of the terminology in programming. If someone could give me a VERY detailed explanation as to how I can implement the map I’ve drawn as a functional parallex background, it would be very helpful.

TimetoFolly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can save an image in the folder \RMMZ\[ProjectName]\img\parallaxes, then when right click on a map and in properties you can change its parallax. Make sure to save the image as .png as well

Min-ae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
How do I change it to a parallex in properties??? Nothing obvious pops up??? sorry for my incompetence.....
You can save an image in the folder \RMMZ\[ProjectName]\img\parallaxes, then when right click on a map and in properties you can change its parallax. Make sure to save the image as .png as well

TimetoFolly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you're in the editor all your levels are in the bottom left corner, right click on the one you want to edit and click "Edit". A window will come up with the Map Properties and in the bottom left of that will be Parallax settings. Just under that is a long bar under the word "Image:" and clicking on the Bar will show you the images you can use. If you've saved your image in the location I mentioned (as a .PNG file) then it should appear here for you to use.
Hope this helps

Min-ae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
When you're in the editor all your levels are in the bottom left corner, right click on the one you want to edit and click "Edit". A window will come up with the Map Properties and in the bottom left of that will be Parallax settings. Just under that is a long bar under the word "Image:" and clicking on the Bar will show you the images you can use. If you've saved your image in the location I mentioned (as a .PNG file) then it should appear here for you to use.
Hope this helps
I’ve gone into [project name]/img/parallaxes and pasted my maps (png) there, but they’re not coming up in the parallax map properties area???

TimetoFolly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You may have to go into Resource Manager to get them to show up.
You can find it under 'Tools' on the top bar.
When you click on it, try going to img/parallaxes and click on 'Import' to see if you can get your images.

Min-ae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
You may have to go into Resource Manager to get them to show up.
You can find it under 'Tools' on the top bar.
When you click on it, try going to img/parallaxes and click on 'Import' to see if you can get your images.
Ok so I’ve gone to “tools => Resource Manager => img/parallaxes” and my images comes up in the list of files in that page. So I then try to go “import” and select all my images => open. Then I go to edit maps to c if it’s worked and it hasn’t....? Do I need to name the img files with any special symbols or somethin???? I don’t get why this isnt working

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
close the program and open it back up. Sometimes my images don’t update. I’m not saying this will work but it’s a Possibility.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Can you show how you select "Parallax" file for the specific map?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozfolo