Gixxas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm apprehensive to mess around with the script as my many other attempts to do so have turned out... unfortunate to say the least. First question, how do I input scripts? Specifically I'm trying to input one of Yanfly's message scripts, if that's worth mentioning. My second question is when a skill is used, how can I make it so it hits & deals damage to an enemy and also debuff's or buff's the user.

Yes I'm a noob, shut up.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) you open the script editor, insert a new script slot below materials and above main, and copy/paste the script there. Don't forget to name the new script slot, that name is used in error messages and you will never get your game bugfree without being able to identify scripts

2) you can place the commands into the skills' damage formula.

Target the skill on the enemy for damage, but before the damage number of the formula place a a.add_state(id);damage...

(I haven't checked for exact syntax, search the forum for "damage formula" to find the topic where a lot of those commands are described.

3) If you're new, I suggest you follow the link in my signature

Gixxas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I understand, I'll give it a try, thanks. Not that I am actually new, but I'll still check the link out to refresh my memory. A lot of planning and no executing for a year doesn't keep the brain fresh.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, best to ask unrelated questions in separate threads. We have a forum JUST for script help, and another for help with non-script stuff. Each of your questions belongs in a different forum. Just helps us keep things organized, and ensures threads don't get closed when only half of your questions have been answered :)

Gixxas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My bad Shaz, I was having trouble figuring out how to even create a new topic. I'll make sure to do it in the future, thanks for the heads up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaxDotCombo