How do I...install my Kids-Generator pack?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So based on a previous thread, I decided to buy assets for a kids-generation resource pack for MV.
I have the folder downloaded and everything, but the PDF that came with the instructions don't really help with installation. It says to "put the files in the appropriate folders (img/faces), (img/pictures) etc..."

Problem is, where the heck is the Generator folder?
I did buy RPG Maker MV off of Steam, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I have a feeling this is a soft-ware related thing. I'm also a macOSX user as well, so that might be a thing.

I guess my ultimate question is like...how do I actually get the proper locations for the DLC pack to copy towards?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you purchased the kid part on steam as well as the program, then the parts are installed automatically.

if you purchased the kid parts on this website and need to copy them, the character generator is inside the application folder.
In case of MacOS-Steam that folder is a bit difficult to find because the MacOS hides the application subfolders - you need to go to the application itself and then instead of doubleclicking to start it, you need to use a keyboard-override with a single click to get to the application folders.

Sorry - I've done it several times in the past, but am not at a MacOS computer to test and check which key exactly you'll have to use.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you purchased the kid part on steam as well as the program, then the parts are installed automatically.

if you purchased the kid parts on this website and need to copy them, the character generator is inside the application folder.
In case of MacOS-Steam that folder is a bit difficult to find because the MacOS hides the application subfolders - you need to go to the application itself and then instead of doubleclicking to start it, you need to use a keyboard-override with a single click to get to the application folders.

Sorry - I've done it several times in the past, but am not at a MacOS computer to test and check which key exactly you'll have to use.
Ahh, yeah. I bought the DLC from this website. I should've gotten it off steam for it to be automatic ;w;

Hmm, yeah when you get the chance, do you think you could clarify more if you decide to test it out? It doesn't seem to be working on my end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne