How do I...keep SV Actors contained in a battle window?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.03.53 AM.png

I want to make it to where my actors in Yanfly's SideView_Enemies plugin remain inside the front-view battle portraits.
This way, I can keep using my sv_actors for animations to react to damage, using spells, etc while inside the window.

Helm Idle.gif
(This is what I would like to keep contained inside the portrait window at all times)

Is there a way to do this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you asking about drawing that animated image on top of the HUD to serve as the actor's face?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you asking about drawing that animated image on top of the HUD to serve as the actor's face?

Yeah exactly. Like on top of the HUD so that you can see the actors within their respective boxes.

That animated face is a product of using SV_Actor formatted sprites. (The 9 columns x 6 rows battle image).
HelmIcons.png
The idea is to keep these animations contained within the battle face-portraits for the actors, hence, then I can animate their reactions to damage, death, etc.

I'm just not sure how to accomplish either thing (keeping them contained in the portrait windows, and putting them on top of the HUD).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That animated face is a product of using SV_Actor formatted sprites.
I just asked for the clarification because I think you're restricting yourself by talking about actors.

You just want an animated image there, it may take more coding to specifically create an actor on the screen in front-view, change their placement, and change their drawing priority to above the HUD. It might be easier to just draw an animation or an animated image there.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just asked for the clarification because I think you're restricting yourself by talking about actors.

You just want an animated image there, it may take more coding to specifically create an actor on the screen in front-view, change their placement, and change their drawing priority to above the HUD. It might be easier to just draw an animation or an animated image there.

Oh! But then what about when the battle menus move around while the player chooses options for combat and such? If I just leave the images standing there all the time, would the menus move all around them and get in the way?

If there is a way to keep the menus from moving around, I'd be down for that.

But also, there's still the need for the animations to react to things like being hit, casting their own spells, being dead, etc.

I'm guess I'm just not really sure the best way to approach the animation route you're suggesting.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if anyone would be interested in free character art from me...
I remade/fixed my Elf XP Mack Templates. The Ears are looking better now.
Male Update.pngFemale Update.png
You can check them out, they are in 12 recolours, both Human and Elf Versions!
I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Basunat