How do I limit the range of projectiles when using the Falcao Pearl system for RPG Maker VX Ace?

boyflea

boyflea
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi,

I am brand new here and have been starting to play around with the wonderful RPG Maker VX Ace, (recently grabbed in a Steam-sale).

I love the arcade-style mod that the Falcao Pearl add-on provides, and the weapons are super cool: but I wanted to know, when creating all those projectiles, is there a way of limiting their range? eg: to travel only 5 tiles then vanish, etc?

All help appreciated, and of course, if I'm posting this all wrong, happy to takedown and try again - :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please give a link to the script - you can't expect everyone to know it, and the exact code is needed to check for possible modifications

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Read the documentation of the ABS script you are using. Everything is explained there.

boyflea

boyflea
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi both, thanks for the pointers, and glad to meet you.

I seem to have a blindspot for obvious things: I think I spotted exactly what I need to do... and thanks for shunting me into the correct place.

I'm off to play with the new toys, and promise to be better read next time.

boyflea

boyflea
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did it!
How to make Falcao Pearl ABS Projectiles not go through walls and STILL hit enemies!?

So why not change your projectiles to 'bomb' types with zero delays on them: they are 'thrown' - hit a wall or enemy, then inflict damage.. NB: range of effect must be at least '2'.

anyway, that worked for me: feel free to try it out on v1.04 of Super Dungeon Master.

Happy to share more info, but all the old threads on this are very very closed - so sharing here!
[hope Google finds this for you!]

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have an idea, I am making low polygon 3D resources for a package in itch. but it occurred to me that I could export these as images and make MV / MZ compatible tilesets. What do you think of this?
I hate seeing threads where less-experienced user's ask for an opinion of their project, and the thread is full of negative feedback by others who are clearly not the target audience. I feel bad for the OP, and I hope they understand that no game can appeal to everyone. :frown:
Hm, just found out I can't use loops, yay.
-Ele
I just wanna Covid to be over and I have my normal life back... Feeling so bad these days, what can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechupalapinga