BhenenJerrys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been genuinely stuck on this one for ages. Let me explain:

I've made it where you defeat a boss and talk to an NPC behind it (one you rescue), and it says it knows a short way out of the dungeon. You then teleport to the outside of the dungeon. I want it so that once you escape from the dungeon, the NPC talks to you right away and decides to join your party. I know this is a switch thing, but switches honestly confuse me a lot. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Much appreciated

(this is my first thread so please don't get too mad at me)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just need to put an autorun event on the new map with the cutscene. It will start straight away. When you get to the end of the cutscene, you can turn the autorun event off by turning on a self-switch, and then creating a new blank page that triggers to that self-switch.

BhenenJerrys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much.
I think I should learn a little more about switches :rswt

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Look at the links in my signature block for the link to Andar's starting point for new users. Check that out and you should be better at using the program.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543