How do I make a loading screen?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MushReen, Oct 13, 2017.

1. MushReen

MushReen Gacha Guy Veteran

First Language:
    ID, US
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!

Guys, I made a game and already uploaded the web version. But when it comes to load the game, it just shows a static image from Loading Screen image that I have made.
    [​IMG]

It keeps like that until the game starts, maybe?

So the question is, how do I make it like... Has percentage and loading bar in there, maybe? Just like generic web games.
    Is there any plugins I can use?

Thanks.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you know that most of those download screens are faked?

Nothing can tell how much of a single download is completed without downloading that file.
    So eithernyou limit that percentage to a count of files (that results in those loading Screenshot where the percentages jumps) or you need tell the file loader how large a file is to calculate the percentages, and even then the screen itself is mostly fake.

That said, you can use a preloader Plugin to tell the engine what to load, then use a mathematical counter to display a guessed percentage on your loading screen.

So basically it is a lot of testing on your side and will slow downloading for the files, just to give the player a guess on where his download is.

That is why most people don't bother. And if they know that there is a lot to download they just give a static warning that down loading might take a while.

Jonforum and MushReen like this.
  3. MushReen

MushReen Gacha Guy Veteran

First Language:
    ID, US
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright. Thank you. So I'll just have to give them a static warning then ;). I have been tricked by fake loading for years:kaoangry:

4. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    its soo true lol.!