Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in my game I have the "Stun" state which stuns the target for 1 solid turn. Since I don't want the description be inaccurate with the turn counter, I set the stun (along with most of my other states) turn tick to be every Turn Start with the use of Yanfly's plugins.

So now if the enemy applies this state on the player, it does stun them for 1 turn and I am unable to do actions with the stunned actor. Problem is if the player applies the state on the enemy, it immediately end and they can do an immediate action. I noticed this problem with all of my states with the Turn Start, and while I glossed over the ones that are do DoT damage since their effect is guaranteed to happen after the previous turn effects such as Freeze (another disable that lasts for 1-2 turns) and Windspeed Deux (an action doubling buff that lasts for 2 turns) has one less turn on their effect. I didn't put this in the plugin help because I am asking a general help on how to make a stun (or state in general) that lasts a solid turn and is the same as to every character.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't say I ever had issues with a one turn Stun state. Pretty sure it's the plugin messing it up...

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1599644061988.png
This is what the Stun state looks like in my database. Nothing more, nothing less.

DragonKingDX2

Kamen Rider
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need to use the plugin for that. You could just set the auto removal timing to action end and put duration to one.

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set the removal to turn end, not to action end.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's something I saw as a problem too. For my Freeze state for example. It lasts for 1-2 turns.

Putting it in on turn end would only have it either last for 0 turns or 1 turn. If I am to put it to 2-3 turns instead then it would be misleading in terms of the duration being displayed.

Putting it on action end would make the freeze not end if there's only one actor in either side (I had a solo player character get frozen for the entire fight and I can't do anything other than watch the foes hit me).

I might've mixed up the types of duration end cuz I forgot which is which but these are the other problems I spot when doing either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandoras