How do I... make a sliding snowball?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scene:
You walk into an ice room where you need to walk up to the snowball, and use the action button to push it around. You'll need to push it into a hole in the ice floor so that it activates something. (I plan to make the hole conditional to where if the snowball touches it, it triggers something to proceed). If the player messes up, there's a Switch on the wall that resets the starting position of the snowball. When the position is reset, the ball remains stagnant. (I just set it to where the switch sets the snowball route to nothing, making it stop)

Is there a way I can make it to where only the snowball repeatedly slides on the ice floor? (The player is immune to the floor sliding), while also having the snowball make a "moving" sound?

Things I've tried but don't seem to work:
1) I tried using the "move away from player" option when you use the action button, and repeat movements. Problem is, when the snowball reaches a wall, the moving sound effect continues to play repeatedly like crazy!

2) I've tried Yanfly's plugin with the (YEP_RegionEvents) to set a common event to make the snowball slide on the ice paths using Step Forward 1. Problem is...the snowball decides to move on it's own! I can't set a proper trigger for it.

My current status for the event is that I'm using 4 conditional branches where the player is facing up/down/left/right, it'll move away in the corresponding direction repeatedly without the sound. But how can I include that sound without it turning into problem 1)?

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This should fix the issue with the sound:
(Note that the following stuff should go inside the snowball event... Also, please excuse the wind SE. It just sounded more like something's being pushed lol)

◆Set Movement Route:This Event
:Set Movement Route:◇Move away from Player
◆If:Player is facing Up
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y-2,$gamePlayer.direction())
◆Play SE:Wind1 (90, 100, 0)

:End

◆If:Player is facing Down
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y+2,$gamePlayer.direction())

◆If:Player is facing Left
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x-2,$gamePlayer.y,$gamePlayer.direction())

◆If:Player is facing Right
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x+2,$gamePlayer.y,$gamePlayer.direction())

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This should fix the issue with the sound:
(Note that the following stuff should go inside the snowball event... Also, please excuse the wind SE. It just sounded more like something's being pushed lol)

◆Set Movement Route:This Event
:Set Movement Route:◇Move away from Player
◆If:Player is facing Up
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y-2,$gamePlayer.direction())

◆If:Player is facing Down
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y+2,$gamePlayer.direction())

◆If:Player is facing Left
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x-2,$gamePlayer.y,$gamePlayer.direction())

◆If:Player is facing Right
◆If:Script:$gameMap.isPassable($gamePlayer.x+2,$gamePlayer.y,$gamePlayer.direction())

Ahh, thank you for the response!
Unfortunately, it didn't do much. But it's okay! I ended up just deciding to stick with playing the SE upon the player touching. So it plays it once while the ball rolls for the rest of the time. I don't think it's that bad, so I'll just stick with it for now.

Thanks anyway! :)

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm it works for me. It stops the SE from playing when the event is blocked by a wall or something impassable. How you set up your event must be different then. But at least you found a solution ^^
Edit: Oh! I completely misunderstood your situation XD I assumed you're pushing the snowball bit by bit. But in your case it sorta slips on the floor. No wonder it didn't work lol
But even so, the $gameMap.isPassabale(x,y,d) is the key here. You can use it to check in a parallel event whether the tile in front of the event is passable or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famas