How do I make a weapon that when it successfully attacks a foe, it heals some HP to the user?

Phil32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what I get for going on a hiatus from RPG Maker MV for over a half year--I forget seemingly basic things! Ha
I've been tinkering with the Buffs and Effects section of a bow weapon that is supposed to heal a fraction/percentage of the user's weapon's attack on a single enemy, but instead, it's currently just healing the user who has the weapon equipped at the end of every turn. I'm probably overlooking something incredibly simple, so if anyone could push me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and if you need me to post more information to get better help, just let me know!

Hungry Moogle

A Rat in the Wall
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about using Yanfly's Life Steal [Link] plugin?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a.gainHp(Math.round(a.mhp / 33)); a.atk * 1.5

In this instance, the attack will heal the attacker for 3% of their max HP, then go on to inflict damage.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A clunky way you could do it is make the weapon change the attack skill to something that absorbs HP. Or do you want it to affect certain skills as well?

Or call the weapon @Hungry Moogle so it eats their HP. Jkjk

Phil32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Trying to limit how many plugins I use, but if push comes to shove, that will be plan B. :)

a.gainHp(Math.round(a.mhp / 33)); a.atk * 1.5

Forgive my ignorance: what section does this go in when editing a weapon's properties?

A clunky way you could do it is make the weapon change the attack skill to something that absorbs HP. Or do you want it to affect certain skills as well?

It only affects regular attacks.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive my ignorance: what section does this go in when editing a weapon's properties?
Actually, it would be in a skill formula, not in weapon properties. but if you have Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugin, you can have it replace a weapon's default attack

Phil32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, it would be in a skill formula, not in weapon properties. but if you have Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugin, you can have it replace a weapon's default attack

Okay. This is what I currently have, but I must be missing something really simple, as it's currently not working.

In the second screen capture, the Attack skill is 0148, which used the HP siphon skill, so when an enemy is attacked, the user gets healed. Of course, that's not working as of yet.

1.png
2.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

elex 50s face.png

Experimenting with an old 50's style face set. I have done about a dozen variations of face sets for my characters, but am never happy with the results for very long. Different attempts. Second one is the same character as the first image. The third is Ivan, another character entirely.
treele.jpg
A them/they in a forest... a still for the game I'm working on.
Making a blue-magic-heavy game is very fun but there's a lot of extra hassle as well. Balancing skills for both enemy and player usage isn't easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfmovies2