Stonga

Scuttlebug Jamboree
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen scripts for VX Ace that allow special normal attacks per character, but yet i cant seem to find out how to do it in MV.

What I'd like is to be able to have some characters have the normal "Attack" option (which uses the first skill slot in the editor), and other characters use perhaps a "Heal" spell for their simple normal attack, disallowing them direct confrontation. (i'd also like the in-battle option to change to say heal or something as well.) If it needs to allow a separate class per normal attack/action, that is also definitely fine!

I figure this is a problem that only scripting can accomplish, so I'd love to know if there is a plugin that will accomplish this! If it seems relatively easy to code in JS or whatever, a brief primer on how you think it would work may be sufficient as i have a small amount of programming experience under my belt. Thanks! :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What you need is a plug-in which allows you to change the default attack on weapons, classes, or actors. I think it might be called weapon attack replace? Check for one like that and see if it lets you change the default on actors? If not, just give each actor a unique weapon set they can use (like many FF games do), and assign the unique attack skill to that weapon.

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Stonga Yes, that's a very useful plugin, whether you want certain weapons to have different damage formulae than the standard attack, or if you want spell casting weapons.

Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for keeping post up, it helped.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiqNaq