How do I make actor specific 'normal' attacks in MV?

Stonga

Scuttlebug Jamboree
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen scripts for VX Ace that allow special normal attacks per character, but yet i cant seem to find out how to do it in MV.

What I'd like is to be able to have some characters have the normal "Attack" option (which uses the first skill slot in the editor), and other characters use perhaps a "Heal" spell for their simple normal attack, disallowing them direct confrontation. (i'd also like the in-battle option to change to say heal or something as well.) If it needs to allow a separate class per normal attack/action, that is also definitely fine!

I figure this is a problem that only scripting can accomplish, so I'd love to know if there is a plugin that will accomplish this! If it seems relatively easy to code in JS or whatever, a brief primer on how you think it would work may be sufficient as i have a small amount of programming experience under my belt. Thanks! :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What you need is a plug-in which allows you to change the default attack on weapons, classes, or actors. I think it might be called weapon attack replace? Check for one like that and see if it lets you change the default on actors? If not, just give each actor a unique weapon set they can use (like many FF games do), and assign the unique attack skill to that weapon.

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Stonga Yes, that's a very useful plugin, whether you want certain weapons to have different damage formulae than the standard attack, or if you want spell casting weapons.

Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for keeping post up, it helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CondeNikolai