How do I make actor specific 'normal' attacks in MV?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Stonga, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Stonga

Stonga Scuttlebug Jamboree Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've seen scripts for VX Ace that allow special normal attacks per character, but yet i cant seem to find out how to do it in MV.

What I'd like is to be able to have some characters have the normal "Attack" option (which uses the first skill slot in the editor), and other characters use perhaps a "Heal" spell for their simple normal attack, disallowing them direct confrontation. (i'd also like the in-battle option to change to say heal or something as well.) If it needs to allow a separate class per normal attack/action, that is also definitely fine!

I figure this is a problem that only scripting can accomplish, so I'd love to know if there is a plugin that will accomplish this! If it seems relatively easy to code in JS or whatever, a brief primer on how you think it would work may be sufficient as i have a small amount of programming experience under my belt. Thanks! :)

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What you need is a plug-in which allows you to change the default attack on weapons, classes, or actors. I think it might be called weapon attack replace? Check for one like that and see if it lets you change the default on actors? If not, just give each actor a unique weapon set they can use (like many FF games do), and assign the unique attack skill to that weapon.

4. Stonga

Stonga Scuttlebug Jamboree Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Arithmetician likes this.
  5. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Stonga Yes, that's a very useful plugin, whether you want certain weapons to have different damage formulae than the standard attack, or if you want spell casting weapons.

6. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for keeping post up, it helped.