How do I make actors permanently die after being knocked out for too long?

zeroace074

(´∀`)
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I'm making a rogue-like game with MV and over the course of your run you'll be able to recruit different party members to help you in battle. How would I make it so that when an actor gets knocked out in battle, if the wounded (knockout) state isn't removed after a certain amount of time or steps the actor will be removed from the party? I thought this would be an interesting mechanic to put in my game, just so if a teammate took an unlucky critical hit or something you would be able to recover from it.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Parallel common event and conditional branch in it:
If actor is knockdown
-> Control variable x += 1 //Increase a variable by 1
-> wait(60) //delay of one second
if Your variable >= your time limit
-> Game Over.

Please note, that time in game is counted in frames so to wait 1 second you actually wait 60 frames, to calculate it to minutes you must follow this formula:

f x s x m

f - frame rate - in most cases it will be 60
s - seconds - number of seconds
m - minutes - number of minutes

in my case from screen shot you see 18000 frames, that's a five minute delay before game over occurs.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! My dad and I have forgiven each other, so we're planning to spend Spring Break together. We'll probably go to SeaWorld and Aquatica one day, and maybe even use my air fryer to make something to go with Dad's grilled steak. The train leaves tomorrow, and I'll be working on my game on board!
I know it looks more like a apple but...its a cherry, his name is: Cherry Knight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_panda18