Raze334

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have an event set up where a character I created with the built-in character creator approaches the player, and some text is displayed.

I want the character to force the player into battle, in the same manner as a typical enemy battle.
I also want the character to use his weapon and to be animated, much like the player.

How do I do this?

RPG Maker MZ.
I'm new to this btw. So please go easy on the criticism if it's an easy task that I should already know :)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To start a battle manually, use the "Battle Processing..." command on page 3 of the event commands list.

If you want the enemy battler to be animated, you can use a battle plugin like VisuStella's Battle Core. All you'd need to do is add your battler graphic sheet to the enemies folder rather than the actors one, and define that graphic as the enemy battler using the provided notetags.

Raze334

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To start a battle manually, use the "Battle Processing..." command on page 3 of the event commands list.

If you want the enemy battler to be animated, you can use a battle plugin like VisuStella's Battle Core. All you'd need to do is add your battler graphic sheet to the enemies folder rather than the actors one, and define that graphic as the enemy battler using the provided notetags.
Sounds simple enough, thanks for the tip. I'll Google VisuStella's Battle Core plugin now.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You would have to manually add the weapon sprite into the battler graphic; as far as I'm aware there isn't currently a plugin that lets you have enemy battlers display weapons the way actors do.

Raze334

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You would have to manually add the weapon sprite into the battler graphic; as far as I'm aware there isn't currently a plugin that lets you have enemy battlers display weapons the way actors do.
Ah okay, thanks. The weapon is a bonus. For now I'll be happy to simply set up the battle with the NPC actor. Think Blue from Pokemon RBY. He's going to be the player's rival and battle the player at various points in the story.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.
Our Lore Wizard, Buttercup, just emailed me a draft of one of our in-game lore books, and it's one of my favorites so far. Her books are really bringing a vibrant history to Evergloom!

I've posted it under a spoiler tag called 'A study in 43rd Century Poetry' in our development thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfasdfasdfasdfasdf