rayzan00

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im trying to make a hiding place for a game thats called "jeongsin Oni'. i would love to make the game playable by many so any way to make a hiding place? [dressers n such] also another question is how do i make the oni chase you through transitions of rooms and make it disappear after some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you'd explained what "jeongsin Oni" was instead of assuming everybody knew, I might be able to help you out. Unfortunately, you didn't, so I can't ;)

If you want a "chaser" character you'd just have to set it to Approach, but if you're faster you can sometimes put a wall or other object between yourself and the event, and then it gets a bit lost, as it will only try to move directly towards you, not around things.

rayzan00

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you'd explained what "jeongsin Oni" was instead of assuming everybody knew, I might be able to help you out. Unfortunately, you didn't, so I can't ;)

If you want a "chaser" character you'd just have to set it to Approach, but if you're faster you can sometimes put a wall or other object between yourself and the event, and then it gets a bit lost, as it will only try to move directly towards you, not around things.
Jeongsin oni is korean for "Spirit Demon" and its balanced in immersion and puzzle solving. its basically ao oni "slightly enhanced in horror"

There are 4 people who enter a mansion [YEAH REALLY ORIGINAL!] and one is lost in the mansion already and the 3 are just the new victims.

one of them wanders off to find the lost friend. the remaining 2 are the ones you control. now instead of being able to save at any time. ive made it so you

can only save at certain spots. im planning on making bits where they get separated and you get to choose who to control! if you can tell me how to make hiding spots i will implement them and make a demo available for public playing.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
None of that actually explains what the "hiding spots" are. Tell us what you want them to look like and how you want them to work.

Unless "jeongsin Oni" explains it all - then I'll just step back and wait for someone else who knows what it is to come and help.

rayzan00

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
None of that actually explains what the "hiding spots" are. Tell us what you want them to look like and how you want them to work.

Unless "jeongsin Oni" explains it all - then I'll just step back and wait for someone else who knows what it is to come and help.
The hiding spots are what you kind of expect them to be. [Dressers, Boxes, Bed sheets, Curtains, and Cabinets.]

I like a lot of variety.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So why are you having trouble? Have you actually attempted it? Have you done tutorials? We can't help you if we don't know what you've done and what exactly is giving you difficulty.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsmason