BDruid70

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, so I saw this brought up in threads a couple times but never found a solution. I want my luck stat to essentially act as buffer for sub parameters to give it some versatility and have it be valuable.

What I want is for my Luck Stat to affect my Critical Multiplier, Critical Evasion, & Evasion. Do you know how this would be done?
If it helps I have a majority of Yanfly plugins downloaded.

Navas

The Grate Lord
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think Yanfly's Extra Parameter Formulas plugin does this. It can be used in both MV and MZ, too.
This is my critical rate formula for example, which should help you with the part where Luck has to affect it; simply replace the mdf part with luk and adjust where wanted. :kaoslp:

Math.round( ((base + plus) * rate + flat + (user.mdf / 2000)) * 100) / 100

BDruid70

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Yanfly's Extra Parameter Formulas plugin does this. It can be used in both MV and MZ, too.
This is my critical rate formula for example, which should help you with the part where Luck has to affect it; simply replace the mdf part with luk and adjust where wanted. :kaoslp:

Math.round( ((base + plus) * rate + flat + (user.mdf / 2000)) * 100) / 100
Thanks, do you know how your current formula calculates the increases so I can make adjustments? I'm not greatest at math unfortunately and my current critical rate formula increases my critical rate by 0.1% per point of luck and I want my other params formulas to work in similar manner to name become confusing.

Last edited:

Navas

The Grate Lord
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What is your current formula? :kaoswt:

Navas

The Grate Lord
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not very good with math myself, but wouldnt user.luk * 0.001 be the same as user.luk / 1000? In that case, replace mdf / 2000 with that?

BDruid70

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not very good with math myself, but wouldnt user.luk * 0.001 be the same as user.luk / 1000? In that case, replace mdf / 2000 with that?
Didn't think about that but pretty sure you're right, I'll have to test it

BDruid70

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Mostly distracting myself with more work on adding visual distinction to a map.
there's been various points where my game was actually frontview. I think I'm gonna go back to that actually. One reason I'm almost at the 5 year mark (come April) with this project is literally I just have to keep drawing stuff. So I think if I do what I'm thinking of with frontview, that'll save a LOT of time.
TIL what happens when you're typing a reply to a thread and it gets lock mid reply
I'm not superstitious, but I almost don't want to start anything new today because every other little thing seems to be going wrong today. I was gonna offer my services on the Project Recruitment board, but then I went to check out examples of offer posts and well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpoopie