How do I make my maps look similar to Avernum?

Methuselah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It seems like the basic RPG Maker VX Ace program supports basic horizontal/vertical maps, and I'm unsure on what's the word to describe the map I want.

The most I want my map to look like is to be similar to Avernum. ..Slightly.. tilted?

https://www.doublegames.com/images/screenshots/avernum-6_3_big.jpg/

It seems like the only way to get a map to function similar to the map shown is with a script. Can I be supplied with any?
Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need graphics that are drawn that way to do it in any RM program, as well as scripts/plugins for the diagonal movement.

To my knowledge, the only graphics available like that are the Medieval series by PVGames. However, I think the ones optimized (sized) for Ace are not on the diagonal like that.

There are some available for MV. http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/medieval-town-country

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're looking for isometric graphics. This can be done in RPG Maker by changing the graphics, working with invisible barriers and/or parallax mapping (or plugins, don't know how this was made).

You may also look into how Ultima (and Tibia) did their graphics. These can be easily used in RPG Maker if you make your own graphics.

@mlogan, the same group that made the graphics in your link made this one for VX Ace.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pine Towers Yes, but I don't believe any of the ones made for Ace are isometric. I believe the only isometric sets are for MV.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indipendentzia