RMMZ How do I make my own Animation Plugin for RPG Maker MZ?

CraigAnderson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want more frames of animation in my game. But there's not a lot I can do with only 3 frames of walking animation.
I dont have an idea of how to make a plugin either, so I would at least like to know where to look. If I at least get a good idea of how an animation plugin works- I could start from there.

CraigAnderson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Galv has two possible plugins that may suit your needs (there are probably links to the same plugins in this forum too under MZ plugin releases):
https://galvs-scripts.com/2020/08/31/mz-character-frames/
https://galvs-scripts.com/2020/09/01/mz-character-animations/

I've never used either of them, so can't say exactly how they work.
Would I be able to use this for in my game? as in... would it be alright for me to use this plugin for my game to sell?

It's the whole reason why I wanted to make my own plugin so that I don't run into any legal complications. But if all I have to do is give credit, then that should be fine... I hope.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv's ToU (Terms of Use) state that all his plugins are free for commercial use unless otherwise stated, and neither of those pages states that you have to pay for a license, so you're good to go.

CraigAnderson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Galv's ToU (Terms of Use) state that all his plugins are free for commercial use unless otherwise stated, and neither of those pages states that you have to pay for a license, so you're good to go.
Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) plugins are basically javascript programs. to write one, you need to be able to program in javascript. And sorry, but your posts do not sound as if you can do that, and it's not something that can be learned in a few months either.

2) it depends on the terms of service of a plugin. A lot of them are free for commercial use, but others require a licence for commercial use.
however if you truly want to go commercial, those licence costs should be no problem for you.
because if you are so short on cash that you can't pay those licences, then you would also be unable to pay the business fees to be allowed selling game under your countries laws and so on.

Latest Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harish-m98