How do I make shields subtract attack + Greatsword sprites + make archers not physically attack with their bows and shoot

MarcheBeoulve1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so I want the Myrmidon to have a detracted attack when using Armour and only Myrmidons so I will make copies with a * to distinguish them so how do I make Myrmidons have detracted attack from shield? and I need Greatsword sprites. And I need to modiy Yami's script so archers and gunslingers don't go to the enemy and attack with their bow and gun directly.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the simplest way would be to give shields a negative attack value, but that would then apply to everyone using that shield.
you can counter that by giving that class its own exclusive shields that no one else can use however.

as for resources I suggest you make a topic under resource request instead of support.

MarcheBeoulve1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the simplest way would be to give shields a negative attack value, but that would then apply to everyone using that shield.
you can counter that by giving that class its own exclusive shields that no one else can use however.

as for resources I suggest you make a topic under resource request instead of support.
I want it to decrease DEFENSE not ATTACK AND DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THAT ACHER PROBLEM

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But you wrote that you wanted to reduce attack.
how do I make Myrmidons have detracted attack from shield?
Please make sure to write what you want next time

as for the archer problem - try to find the handbook for yami's battle engine, you need to give the skills a different action sequence. There was even an example on how to write the action sequence for an arrow in that handbook, but I can't help you find it since the original website no longer exists.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Thank you.

@MarcheBeoulve1 please do not write all in capital letters - on the internet, that means you're yelling at someone, and you will make people angry if you keep doing that.

MarcheBeoulve1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But you wrote that you wanted to reduce attack.

Please make sure to write what you want next time

as for the archer problem - try to find the handbook for yami's battle engine, you need to give the skills a different action sequence. There was even an example on how to write the action sequence for an arrow in that handbook, but I can't help you find it since the original website no longer exists.
Oh sorry got them mixed up I always meant decreased attack not defense sorry and the decresed shield problem is now solved now just the Greatsword and archer problem is all I need to worry about.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortom