How do I make this dog sprite work?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP' started by MutedShiba, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MutedShiba

MutedShiba Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Sorry if I put this topic in the incorrect spot...

Anyways Ive recently started using RPGMaker XP and I wanted to upload a recolored sprite of the dog (this one) [​IMG]

and I rcolored it to look like this [​IMG] But everytime I put it in the game the actual dog animation doesnt work, It ends up just showing parts of the dog, like head & body, or butt and backlegs. Ive tried putting "$" and the beginning but that doesnt work. Iv also wanted to use this one[​IMG] as a main character, but I get the same problems, I know it can be used as a main character since ive seen it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmfiaDOtomg

Screenshots-[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RMXP Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please make sure you post in the right place. Character/sprite sheets are different between XP and VX, and you posted in the VX forum with a spritesheet formatted for VX. That confuses people trying to help you.

XP uses sprites with 4 columns of images. VX and Ace use sprites with just 3 columns.

Edit the sprite, copy the middle column, change the canvas size to add an extra column to the left, and paste the copied images into the new column. Make sure you line them up properly.

You probably should have used an XP sprite to start with, and recoloured that. Having $ or ! at the beginning have no meaning in XP. You should probably spend some more time getting to know the maker. There are a LOT of differences between XP and VX/Ace.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  3. Roseredpinball

Roseredpinball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey, I found your post on the Google when looking for RPG Maker dog sprites. Is it alright with you if I use your XP dog sprite (the unedited one)? Thanks!

4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@Roseredpinball , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

MutedShiba hasn't been online since 2013, so it's unlikely they'll show up to give you permission. If you need sprites, please make a thread in Resource Requests.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.