How do I make variables update after every attack in a battle?

vivi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm trying to make a battle event where a variable increases after every forced attack, it's an event where the player can only defend and the enemy attacks over and over and after a certain threshold is reached something happens and the enemy stops attacking. It seems variables only update after the enemy stops attacking, not inbetween attacks in a single turn. The enemy doesn't stop attacking ever as if the games doesn't realize the variable is increasing between each attack.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you can sort of get "around" this system by just making him atack a number of times in a turn? like...if you want the variable to hit 5 then just make thim atack you five times...maybe I misunderstood but it doesn't seem like a variable is even needed...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to modify the attack command for that - either by adding to the variable in the damage formula, or by adding a common event to the skill.

Main problem is that everyone uses attack all time, so you'l have to check and reset the variable either in the common event itself or in the troop events. It's probably tricky and tedious to do, but short of a custom script that is the only way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor