RMMV How do I modify Parameters and Ex-Parameters to custom/redefined properties?

SuspensionXD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings everyone,

As the title of this post implies, I'd like to make major overhauled changes to how parameters work, but I am unsure of where to start, or if there's even a plugin that can allow me to do what I am about to explain.

Basically, I want to make changes to how parameters work in order to reflect some new properties that I want them to do when a player levels up in the following stats, (see below):

STR - Affects How Much Damage The Character Deals With Melee Attacks, as well as meeting certain weapon and armor requirements. *NOTE* Lower STR can penalize player if using equipment that they don't have the STR level for such as dealing SIGNIFICANTLY lower damage, or HIGH MISS rate. Think Dark Souls.
AGL- Affect how quick your ATB bar builds up, as well as HOW OFTEN you hit and EVA stat. I already have Yanfly's ATB bar plugin here, so I would like to know how I can change the speed based on player agility.
INT- Affects How Much Damage is Dealt With Magic Attacks, as well as meeting certain weapon and armor requirements for magic based equipment. Also Affects Magic Evasion, Increases MP by a certain percentage, and grants the ability to influence certain dialogue options based on level. (Fallout Inspired) *NOTE* Lower INT requirements can cause spells to miss more often and some staves outright can't cast but can still be wielded for melee based attacks.
LCK- Affects How Often A Character Crits, Drop Rate, and very slightly affects hit rate and very slightly reduces random encounter rate.
DEF- Affects How Much Damage is Reduced from incoming Melee/Ranged Physical Attacks.
MDEF- Affects How Much Damage is Reduced from incoming Magic Attacks.
VIT- Affects How Much Healing Is Received as well as how much is given to targets.
WIT - Affects Speech/Dialogue, and the likelihood of certain dialogue options to appear

The above stats/parameters should all be the same as the engine's Main Params, except for VIT, which stands for Vitality, INT which stands for Intelligence, and WIT which stands for wit. How do I go about defining new parameters?

In addition to the above params, I want to have/define sub-parameters, or in the case of the engine, Ex-Params, that are affected when leveling up the main params listed above. Below are what I'd like each MAIN parameter to affect:

STR Substat: ATK
AGL Substat: SPD, EVA, HIT
INT: MATK, MEVA, MP
LCK: CRIT Rate, DROP Rate, HIT Rate, ENCounter rate
DEF: DEF
MDEF: MDEF

... and that's about it folks. Can anyone help me here?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm pretty sure that one of yanfly's plugins allow you to define custom parameters as you've described out of the box, though I don't recall which it was.

As far as the finer details, you'd probably have to come up with a custom plugin that leverages the new parameters defined from above in the ways you describe. I'm fairly certain that no plugin would do what you asked each parameter to do out of the box.

Cool ideas, though.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

I believe you can try to check 3 of my plugins to give you some idea. I believe they can cover a lot of things you described.

Dynamic Parameters => Let's you reduce or raise any type of parameter(Regular, X Parameters, Special and custom parameters) with formulas via the states or equipment note tags.
I believe that, can cover some of the things like your STR and INT explanation.

First, you can create and set the equipment requirement via note tag, for example:

<StrRequirement: 15>

So, you can put in a weapon note tag, and check if the str is lower than the equipment requires. If yes, then you can change the hit rate of the user:

[DynParams:
hit = this.str < $dataWeapons[weaponId].meta.StrRequirement ? -0.05 : 0;
DynParams]

This will lower the hit rate by -0.05. I'm doing it only as an example for you to see what the plugin can do. You can use formulas or a simple number. Although that will require from you some knowledge on js, for complex things.

Custom Parameters => With that one, you can create your sub-parameters.

Class Curves => You can customize the curve of how your parameters raise. You can even, raise a parameter based on another parameter value.

Most of you say you can do also within the damage formula, like this:
INT- Affects How Much Damage is Dealt With Magic Attacks,
DEF- Affects How Much Damage is Reduced from incoming Melee/Ranged Physical Attacks.
MDEF- Affects How Much Damage is Reduced from incoming Magic Attacks.

This you can do with events, just check the parameter value:
WIT - Affects Speech/Dialogue, and the likelihood of certain dialogue options to appear

Your ideas are nice, but a little complex to set up. And I don't believe you will have a plugin specifically for what you want(unless you pay someone to do it for you).
So I guess you will have to take a look at the existing plugins and build your system mixing some plugin features.

SuspensionXD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

I believe you can try to check 3 of my plugins to give you some idea. I believe they can cover a lot of things you described.

Dynamic Parameters => Let's you reduce or raise any type of parameter(Regular, X Parameters, Special and custom parameters) with formulas via the states or equipment note tags.
I believe that, can cover some of the things like your STR and INT explanation.

First, you can create and set the equipment requirement via note tag, for example:

<StrRequirement: 15>

So, you can put in a weapon note tag, and check if the str is lower than the equipment requires. If yes, then you can change the hit rate of the user:

[DynParams:
hit = this.str < $dataWeapons[weaponId].meta.StrRequirement ? -0.05 : 0;
DynParams]

This will lower the hit rate by -0.05. I'm doing it only as an example for you to see what the plugin can do. You can use formulas or a simple number. Although that will require from you some knowledge on js, for complex things.

Custom Parameters => With that one, you can create your sub-parameters.

Class Curves => You can customize the curve of how your parameters raise. You can even, raise a parameter based on another parameter value.

Most of you say you can do also within the damage formula, like this:

This you can do with events, just check the parameter value:

Your ideas are nice, but a little complex to set up. And I don't believe you will have a plugin specifically for what you want(unless you pay someone to do it for you).
So I guess you will have to take a look at the existing plugins and build your system mixing some plugin features.
I'll take a look at some of these, thanks for the reply, friend! As for the params that I can't make, I'll just have to save them for another project or sequel, so once again thank you!@

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dariuspdf