How do I port an RPG XP script to a VX ACE or MV?

won2526

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
As far as I know, there are RPG XP online scripts made by Koreans in 2011.

The author's site has disappeared, but I know that a Korean community can still get scripts.

Is it possible to port this script to an RPG VX ACE?

(Although available at http://cafe.naver.com/xpcafe/163373, bug fixes found by community members are available as separate posts.)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you would have to completely rewrite that script from scratch.

XP to Ace changed the engine from the script language RGSS to RGSS3 and completely reworked the internal handling options. You might be able (if you're a really good programmer) to use the XP-script as a guideline when writing an Ace-Script with similiar functions over a course of one or two years (work-intense years as that).

MV uses a completely different script language (javascript) and any online script would have to be written from zero, absolutely no way of porting that XP script.

So basically, what you're asking for is impossible.

[move]RGSSx Support[/move]

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might be able to help you with this but you'd need to have permission from the original author to have it ported.

General_Cap

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found that same script a couple years back and wanted to use it for VX Ace but it wouldn't work right with that program either. Closest thing I found to the plugin for MV was OcRam - Local Coop plugin. I have yet to try that one though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...
I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojw713