How do I....replace a map after an event is triggered?

PoptartPresident

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am making an "event" where triggering it completely changes the layout of another room in the same dungeon. The dungeon has a few small rooms, and one of these rooms will change completely when the player pours water into a small hole.

How do I make it so that, when the pouring-water event is triggered, it triggers the map of the other room to change? I've seen a few people making commentary about copy-pasting the room, and then adding new things to it. But I'm not sure if I'd have to delete the new map or what...what's the most efficient way to do so?

(Please move this if it's in the wrong thread! I think this is the right thread but the forums are kind of complex, so I'm not too sure)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tutorial section is for people who post their tutorials.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

thecursedcometh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the editor, make a copy of the room, and make your changes to it.

I believe the way to do this is having the transfer event (to the map you want modified) have two pages, with one on a switch. When the switch is off, the event is on page 1, and transfers you to the normal map.

Then once the water is poured into the hole, have the water event activate a switch that will change the transfer event to the second page, which will send you to the other room instead.

Hope this helps.

PoptartPresident

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the editor, make a copy of the room, and make your changes to it.

I believe the way to do this is having the transfer event (to the map you want modified) have two pages, with one on a switch. When the switch is off, the event is on page 1, and transfers you to the normal map.

Then once the water is poured into the hole, have the water event activate a switch that will change the transfer event to the second page, which will send you to the other room instead.

Hope this helps.
Oh my god it worked!! Ahhhh! Thank you!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serg1995