RMMV How do I replace battle command options (like attack, items, etc) with icons?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or at least, if I can't replace them, I am okay with having the icon followed by the command name, or vice-versa.

Kinda like in this RPG Maker project (it is not mine, this is not self-promoting - my reddit name is u/drbuni):

I assume it is done with plugins, yes?

Thank you!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The words that are displayed for your commands are defined in the Terms tab of your database. You can add the \I[] escape code to define an icon, but by default the function used to print that text doesn't process those codes.

So you could use something like Eli's escape codes plugin to make it display.

You can also make more in-depth changes by rewriting the code for the scene, or using SRD's HUDMaker.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]
You are welcome.

@ATT_Turan I have tried using SRD's HUD Maker, but the option to add a picture never really works, so its functions are fairly limited on my end - although still useful for reorganizing the basic menu layouts. To better exemplify what I want, here is a mockup (since I couldn't make it work in game)

2k14l8m.png

The menu would have three big icons, with the text below. This is how it looks like in-game, and please ignore the floating critter, that is another headache entirely:

I am using the ARP_CommandIcons but maybe I am missing something?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adversary