TheDubiousBard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I opened up MZ today and found my entire project was gone and can't be opened. I'm trying to get it working again but have had little success. I didn't have a ton of progress but I would prefer to not have to start over from the beginning.

Are there ways to restore my game and is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen again so I don't live in constant fear that the game will cease to be after I've made more progress?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please describe what you mean by your entire project being "gone". Do you get an error message when you try to open it?

TheDubiousBard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please describe what you mean by your entire project being "gone". Do you get an error message when you try to open it?
When I attempt to open it, it says it can’t read the rpgmmz file. Idk if I’m opening it wrong, I’m clicking on the game directly when opening it

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That happens when files get corrupted. This is often due to improper shutdown (power failure is a common reason for this) You may be able to restore your project depending on how many files were corrupted. For this one, do the following:
-Make a new project
-Copy the rpgmmz file from the new project
-Paste it into your broken project

If that's the only file that was corrupted, it will fix it, if not a new error will pop up with another file name. Keep replacing the files with new ones until it works, you may be able to save at least some of your progress even if multiple files were corrupted.

TheDubiousBard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Got it, thank you very much. I’ll be sure to actually backup my files this time around

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdfsdfa