How do I roll back an RMMZ update done via Steam?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ever since I updated to the newest version of RMMZ, it's (just like RMMV) required Steam to be running whereas previously, I could launch RMMZ without Steam which was very convenient as a developer. If the best this update has to offer is "updated nwjs" (which I can do on my own) and "updated effekseer" (same) then..yeah I don't want this update at all. How do I undo it? :(

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is the same as with RMMV, you go to the steam program properties beta tab and select the version there.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried, but the only option in the dropdown is "None" unlike MV :(

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, the steam version always required steam to be running for it to open. That's part of the steam API. I've tried multiple times to open a project file when it turned out my steam wasn't logged in, and it just doesn't open or do anything. This was before the update, as well.

I don't know what wizardry you worked on it to make it not require steam to be logged in, but I don't think rolling back the update is going to correct the problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what wizardry you worked on it to make it not require steam to be logged in,
steam has an offline mode, and in the past the RPG Makers always were able to run in offline mode

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aesica: I can't see any legacy version branches/"betas" available for MZ, in the client or via SteamDB. Hopefully it's just an oversight and legacy versions will be uploaded sometime soon~

@ramza: prior to this update, the Steam version of MZ could be launched independently of Steam, by opening a project file. The v1.2.0 update has changed that: now MZ, like MV, always launches through Steam.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, the steam version always required steam to be running for it to open. That's part of the steam API. I've tried multiple times to open a project file when it turned out my steam wasn't logged in, and it just doesn't open or do anything. This was before the update, as well.

I don't know what wizardry you worked on it to make it not require steam to be logged in, but I don't think rolling back the update is going to correct the problem.
caethyril's correct in that prior to the update, you didn't need Steam to open RMMZ--either by opening a project file or by directly opening the executable. I also have at least one game (Meridian 59) that can be launched independently of Steam even though you acquire it through Steam. No magic required, just a setting when distributing software via steam.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I don't know when this update went through, but I open my project files directly, and it failed to open if I wasn't signed into steam. This was weeks ago, and I thought the update was fairly recent.

@Andar I am aware of offline mode, I was under the impression that the above was happening independent of offline mode, and the more recent posts seem to indicate that.

Still, I was never able to open a project directly without also being logged into steam (unless it was in offline mode, I guess), so this was a feature that I was unaware of in the first place.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fooples