How do I save the X & Y postions?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by overlordmikey, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. overlordmikey

overlordmikey BroCo. Gaming Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So RPG Maker MV allows one to save the MapID into a variable, but doesn't seem to allow one to save the X and Y positions as variables as well. This creates a problem as I require this for a specific thing in the game we're working on. Am I overlooking something? Is there a script I can use? (This game uses a lot of Yanfly scripts so it'd have to be compatible with those)

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course it does - in exactly the same way.

Use control variable with the game data option, just change it from the default of Map ID to whatever of the other game data you need (game data has several dozen options in the next window after clicking on the selector to the right of the field)

3. overlordmikey

overlordmikey BroCo. Gaming Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    EDIT: What a ditz I am! I found it! Can't believe I overlooked it - it's under "Character"! Thanks Andar, sorry bout that.

I need the X & Y positions of the map (where the character is standing) and those aren't listed as an option.
    In the game your characters will be able to teleport to their "HQ" from anywhere and when they exit they return to the spot they were at. Thus I need to store both the map AND the X & Y into variables.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017