How do I Scroll Map (Freely) on a CS using a Picture? + Other Tutorial Help

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need help figuring out how to freely move the camera up & down or left & right on a cut scene using a picture made for me (assuming if Scroll Map is involved). If you have played Uru's "Size matters" you will know what I'm talking about. I've learned how to create cut scenes using pictures & making sequences, but not this.

I also want to figure out how to switch from a small sprite to a bigger sprite, which is also an inspiration from Uru's game.

And a lastly, I want to figure out how to change battle sprites using key items, for the game I'm creating. There are no tutorials on the forums explaining any of these and all the help that can come by will be appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use separate threads for unrelated questions.

There are commands for Change Actor Images (or Sprites) that will let you swap out the map sprite and battle sprites. You can put these into an event, or into a common event and attach the common event to an item.

Scrolling the map can be done using the Scroll Map command. I haven't played that game so I have no idea if it requires anything more complex than that.

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use separate threads for unrelated questions.

There are commands for Change Actor Images (or Sprites) that will let you swap out the map sprite and battle sprites. You can put these into an event, or into a common event and attach the common event to an item.

Scrolling the map can be done using the Scroll Map command. I haven't played that game so I have no idea if it requires anything more complex than that.
Apologies

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smitty