How do I Scroll Map (Freely) on a CS using a Picture? + Other Tutorial Help

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need help figuring out how to freely move the camera up & down or left & right on a cut scene using a picture made for me (assuming if Scroll Map is involved). If you have played Uru's "Size matters" you will know what I'm talking about. I've learned how to create cut scenes using pictures & making sequences, but not this.

I also want to figure out how to switch from a small sprite to a bigger sprite, which is also an inspiration from Uru's game.

And a lastly, I want to figure out how to change battle sprites using key items, for the game I'm creating. There are no tutorials on the forums explaining any of these and all the help that can come by will be appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use separate threads for unrelated questions.

There are commands for Change Actor Images (or Sprites) that will let you swap out the map sprite and battle sprites. You can put these into an event, or into a common event and attach the common event to an item.

Scrolling the map can be done using the Scroll Map command. I haven't played that game so I have no idea if it requires anything more complex than that.

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use separate threads for unrelated questions.

There are commands for Change Actor Images (or Sprites) that will let you swap out the map sprite and battle sprites. You can put these into an event, or into a common event and attach the common event to an item.

Scrolling the map can be done using the Scroll Map command. I haven't played that game so I have no idea if it requires anything more complex than that.
Apologies

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...
"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florian973