SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So a lot of the boss fights in my game are going to be duels, and I want the party members to roam around the room before so they can give you a pep-talk beforehand. How do I remove party members just for a single map and have them automatically added again when I leave said map?

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually went to test something as soon as I posted this and that worked, but I am still open to hearing anyone's suggestions.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically don't - gather the followers and disable them, and then have events pretending to be the party members on that map.

you'll need to use events anyway to create the text output.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are ways to place the current party members into a variable by a plugin,
but dont remember the name atm as it is a really simple one to use as well.

Burning Orca also have a plugin to split party members.

you could even use a scriptcall to save some actors into a variable as well,
but require some JS knowledge (as those dont get exp).

so you only see the actors in the status screen which are in party.

as there are some ways to accomplish it, we dont know the best way you need
or aiming for on the end result of your need.

Fidens_Libertas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
well if you know which party members the player would have then simply using an event for adding and removing party members works well enough. but if this is for a part of the game where the player can return later with more party member than when they first arrived then here's what i did.

i made a common event called Anna Alone which does the following.

conditional branch.
if party member Astrid is in the party.
remove Astrid
add variable, party member Astrid +1
i then follow up this event with more conditional branches for every party member.

with this Astrid gets removed from the party and a variable is created to keep track of the fact that she's only supposed to be temporarily removed.

then i created another common event called Anna Not Alone. here's what this one does.

conditional branch
if variable, party member Astrid = 1
add Astrid
add variable, party member Astrid -1

with this Astrid gets added back into the party if her variable says that she's been temporarily removed and her variable gets reset to 0. i use this to create areas where Anna goes in alone yet the player might return later in the game with more party member than they first had when reaching the area.

after doing this you simply have to expand these common events to account for every party members. so you don't need a plugin to do this, you just need to get creative with the event system.

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eternaldes