How Do I Start a Timer Every Time a Player Enters a Room?

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to make a system in which every time the player enters the same room, a 30 second timer starts and when it reaches 0, something happens. Currently, I have an event that almost works how I want it to, when the player enters the room the first time everything works. The issue is that when the player enters the room, leaves, and re enters, the timer doesn't work anymore. I want it to activate every time the player enters, not just once. Any help would be appreciated. I'll include screenshots of how I have the event currently set up below.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 2

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'll have to turn that event's self switch off in the event that transfers the player out.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
If your "room" means a map, you can just create an autorun or parallel event to start the timer then ERASE this event.

Every time you enter on this map, this event will play, because erased events appear again when you enter the map. But if you turn switches, you will have to control(turn them on/off) when a player leaves/enter the map.

And you can check the timer with another event.

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
If your "room" means a map, you can just create an autorun or parallel event to start the timer then ERASE this event.

Every time you enter on this map, this event will play, because erased events appear again when you enter the map. But if you turn switches, you will have to control(turn them on/off) when a player leaves/enter the map.

And you can check the timer with another event.
Hi, I do mean a map. I tried doing what you said, but erasing the event isn't working. Maybe I'm going about erasing the event incorrectly. I'll include screenshots below, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 1

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll have to turn that event's self switch off in the event that transfers the player out.
How would I run a check that sees if the player has been transferred out of the map? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I do mean a map. I tried doing what you said, but erasing the event isn't working. Maybe I'm going about erasing the event incorrectly. I'll include screenshots below, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Hey man, I actually ended up figuring it out, thank you so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon