How do I stop an Autorun event and resume gameplay?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by kelkottontail, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelkottontail

kelkottontail Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everyone! I've had RPG Maker VX Ace for a while but I recently wanted to try making a game with it. While I plan to make a full game, right now I'm just experimenting with a test room to try out the program's features since I'm pretty new to it. I made a sample cutscene that I'm pretty proud of, but unfortunately I'm running into a problem with it:

I set the event to "autorun" so that it would immediately play without any key input, I wanted to have the player resume game play after the cut scene ends but unfortunately it keeps repeating and I'm not sure how to make it stop. When I tried to input "erase event" at the end of the event script window, the event stops but my player character disappears and the scene is unplayable. I heard you could use switches but I can't figure out how those work.

Is there an easier way to go about cut scenes? And if not, what is the best way to make an autorun scene stop so that the player can explore the map/dungeon/scene they're in?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At the end of the cut scene turn on Self-Switch A. Create a second page and do not give it a graphic. Set the condition of the second page to Self-Switch A. Make sure the Trigger is set to Player Action or whatever that option is.

3. kelkottontail

kelkottontail Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you for your response!

I followed your advice and input "Player Touch" under the Trigger option but I'm still getting the same issue as before, the event ends but the player disappears. I do have the event set where the player/main character is on the map, would that have something to do with the player's disappearance?

EDIT: I'm so embarrassed, I figured out the issue with the character disappearing. I had a previous scene that's supposed to be pitch black with text so I set the transparency for the player character to "ON". It turns out that I forgot to turn that back off for the next scene/map.

Thank you everyone for your help, I think that I've got this all fixed for now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.