RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I have a quick question.

right now I'm struggling to figure out how to teleport (transfer player) my character from a different map into a ship. And also, have the ship auto-move (using move route)

This is my settings so far:

FG6EfM8.jpg

And yes, in case you're wondering, I successfully transfer the character from the other map into that event spot.

And what ended up happen is my player standing in the middle of the ocean and unable to move.

Please help. Thank you :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course that happens - because you CANNOT move vehicles by set move route.

What your event does is to set the vehicle to a position, then move itself (which is NOT the vehicle) and then transfer the player.

What you should do is set the vehicle location, then transfer the player next to it, then turn the player towards the ship and use the get ON/OFF vehicle to use the vehicle, and then set the move route on the player (which is now the vehicle).

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this just for a cutscene or is the intent that the player will be able to control the ship as soon as the transfer occurs?

Queen

RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this just for a cutscene or is the intent that the player will be able to control the ship as soon as the transfer occurs?
this is for a cutscene, but it doesn't look like that now since I'm still in the process of figuring out how the ship would move on it own.

But I think I got it now thanks to Andar, but I haven't test it yet. Will test it very soon.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Probably the best thing to do if it's a cutscene is change the player's graphic to the ship and turn "through" on, then change the graphic back and turn through off when the cutscene is finished. You can theoretically move vehicles on their own (they are events, after all) but the player graphic way is easier.

(Andar's way will work but will result in you having the character in the middle of the ocean stepping onto the ship, which may or may not be visually what you wanted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can theoretically move vehicles on their own (they are events, after all)
Wrong - the vehicles are NOT events, that is one of the mistakes here.

A lot of people use events as placeholders for vehicles in cutscenes, exactly because the vehicles cannot be controlled like events.

That is why you have to be carefull when to switch to the vehicle, because the player cannot board the events pretending to be vehicles.

Queen

RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
well thank you, you guys.

Got it working very well now :D

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wrong - the vehicles are NOT events, that is one of the mistakes here.

A lot of people use events as placeholders for vehicles in cutscenes, exactly because the vehicles cannot be controlled like events.

That is why you have to be carefull when to switch to the vehicle, because the player cannot board the events pretending to be vehicles.
Sorry, I meant to say vehicles are Game_Characters, not events. Game_Character has the same move route script commands as Game_Event does, so you can move vehicles independently.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metric