Not open for further replies.

SlaveOfThaMind

Game Developer / Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im using XS Menu Delux and I love it.. however, every other tab is using the stock window skin background (gradient)

How can I make the alternate menu's ( Item, Equipment, Save, Load, etc ) use the same background as the one in the main menu? ( it doesn't have to be animated like the main menu but it would be nice)

I've included a screen shot detailing what I mean.

Color Coded

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/14sysgh.png[/IMG]

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, you need to port the parts that make the main menu background like that into other scenes/windows...

Or you can use the other existing scripts that allow changing of backgrounds of these other windows, since you said that it doesn't have to be animated...

I think Mog has a script for that...

Last edited by a moderator:

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
meaning.. I would need to use *insert image editor name here* to open the base window skin file, copy a scaled version of my background to the area where the gradient is located and save right?

ill check for mog's scripts along with any others. if you have any general idea where I can quickly find scripts of this reference, I would appreciate if you could share :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uhm, I believe the script that I saw which I think was Mog's uses pics actually to overlay background into the windows... meaning no need to edit the windowskin...

look at Mog's atelier site

oh wait, I retested the atelier demo, it supports animated backgrounds...

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes, I am testing the Ace Master Script Demo ( Tales of Something ) From Atelier. I love this menu style more than the XS Menu Delux. How hard/easy would it be to use just the menu/save  scene file in my own project? Which scripts/images need to be copied to my game?

Edit, Found the scripts under "Menus" for Adv load bar, animated title , char select, menu cursor, scene file , and wallpaper ex. I should copy all of these to my project and then when I test my game, it should tell me ( in error ) which graphics need to be copied to where right?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
refer to the site for that, I believe there are pages for each part of the master demo... I haven't tried importing things for atelier yet... or you can also look at the scripts part of your maker and look at the header of each script... :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
refer to the site for that, I believe there are pages for each part of the master demo... I haven't tried importing things for atelier yet... or you can also look at the scripts part of your maker and look at the header of each script... :)
there are pages for each, but the download links to the master demo for each, also there is no detailed information on how to use the scripts.

for instance, the Scene File A

FEATURESScreen save and load version A.

USE

Download the demo and copy all the images that are in the GRAPHICS / SYSTEM /
this is apparent, but it really doesn't give much more detail..

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
then it probably means that you just need to copy that script, plus put those files...

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
then it probably means that you just need to copy that script, plus put those files...
Okay, I figured it out! Thank you adiktuzmiko for your continued help ( no matter how small or large the issues are )

Requesting this thread be discontinued.

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavia